Foundation funds: Global Markets 4
About this fund
The Barclays Wealth Global Markets 4 fund invests mainly in growth-oriented investments such as equities, but includes a spread of other asset classes. It aims to provide capital growth over the medium to long term and doesn't provide an income. It invests in a wide range of collective investment schemes, including, but not restricted to, Exchange Traded Funds. This is a globally diversified fund, which means it's less dependent on the fortunes of the UK.
Investment via Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) provides cost-effective and consistent performance in relation to a market or index such as the FTSE 100. The value of an ETF reflects that of a portfolio of shares or bonds that aim to match the performance of a particular market or index. There's no active stock selection, but Barclays Wealth will actively manage the asset allocation.
|To achieve the fund's objectives, it currently invests in the following way:
Fixed income 25%
- Learn more about the investment approach of our Global Market funds 620 KB
- Fund factsheet - How to read a fund factsheet
- Terms and conditions 540 KB
Past performance of the fund can be viewed on the Fund factsheet
Past performance is no indication of future performance.
How much can I invest?
- Minimum total investment: £3,000 for new applications, £500 for additional investments into existing accounts
- Minimum investment per fund: £500
- Maximum ISA investment: £11,520 2
- No maximum investment outside of an ISA
What are the main risks of this fund?
The fund invests in emerging markets such as China and India as well as developed markets such as the UK, US and Europe. Emerging markets tend to be more volatile and illiquid than more developed markets and political risks and adverse economic circumstances are more likely to arise, meaning an investment is at greater risk.
General risks of investing
The value of this investment and the income it produces can go down as well as up, so you could get back less than you invested. Neither capital nor income is guaranteed.
These investments are generally designed to be held for the medium to long term, usually 5 to 10 years. For more detail on the risks, read the Key Investor Information Document
- Initial charge: discounted to 0% from 4%
- Annual Management Charge (AMC): 1%
- Total Expense Ratio: (includes AMC and transaction charges): 1.65%
- Exit/withdrawal charge: none
See our Investments Jargon Buster for an explanation of terms used.
1. Lines are open 8am–7pm Monday to Friday and 9am–3.30pm on Saturday. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor and record phone calls. Calls to 0800 numbers are free when calling from a UK landline. Charges may apply when using a mobile phone or when calling from abroad. Read our call charges and information