What is Mobile PINsentry
You’ll find Mobile PINsentry in your Barclays Mobile Banking app*. It gives you the same security as your PINsentry card reader, and does all the same things.
There’s no need to register separately for Mobile PINsentry – it’s automatically included in your Barclays Mobile Banking app.
You’ll just need to have registered for Barclays Online Banking and upgraded to PINsentry before you can start using Mobile PINsentry. Once you’ve registered for Barclays Mobile Banking, it can take up to 10 days for Mobile PINsentry to show up in your app.
There are 3 buttons within Mobile PINsentry: Identify, Respond and Sign. They all have similar functions (to verify your identity and protect your accounts) but are used in different circumstances.
Give the Barclays Mobile Banking app a try
With the app it’s easy to take care of your money without having to visit a branch.
It's free, secure and easy to use – so why not give it a try today?
You can use Mobile PINsentry to confirm your identity in the same way as your would using your card reader – for example, if you’re logging in to Online Banking.
How do I log in to Online Banking with Mobile PINsentry?
- Go to the Online Banking log-in page
- Enter your surname and then your membership number, card number or sort code & account number. Select Next
- Enter the requested number of digits of the long number running across the middle of your debit card, cash card or authentication card (this is usually the last 4 or 5 digits)
- Open Barclays Mobile Banking and select Mobile PINsentry from the log-in page
- At the Mobile PINsentry page, enter your 5-digit Barclays Mobile Banking passcode
- Select Identify and follow the instructions to generate your 8-digit authorisation code
- Enter the code on the log-in page and select Log in
This is used if you’re registering for Barclays Pingit *, or any other Barclays app. It’s a similar process to logging in, and will enable us to verify your identity quickly. You’ll get full instructions when you register.
If you’re making a payment to someone you haven’t paid before in Online Banking, you’ll be asked to sign the payment – it’s one of the ways we protect your security. It’s a similar process to logging in, and you’ll get full instructions when you’re making the payment.
I don’t have Barclays Mobile Banking but I want to enjoy the benefits of PINsentry
No problem – we can send you out a card reader which you can use with your debit card and your debit card PIN to generate PINsentry authentication code. You can upgrade to PINsentry within Online Banking and you can still use your passcode and memorable word to log in to Online Banking if you don’t have your card reader to hand.
* Terms and conditions apply. You must have a UK current account, be aged 16 or over, and have a mobile number to use Barclays Mobile Banking or Barclays Pingit. Only Barclays customers can register for Barclays Mobile Banking.