Mobile PINsentry is a feature in the Barclays Mobile Banking app that you can use in the same manner as you would your PINsentry card reader. It offers you the same convenience as your card reader and the added flexibility that means you don’t have to carry your card reader with you when you’re out and about.
You don’t need to register for Mobile PINsentry – it comes automatically as part of the Barclays Mobile Banking app. It’s a great feature for customers who use PINsentry to do their Online Banking. Remember, you will need to have registered for Barclays Online Banking and received your PINsentry card reader before you can use the Mobile version of PINsentry.
Please note that although Mobile PINsentry is a feature of the Barclays Mobile Banking app, it is only designed for use with Barclays Online Banking. There are currently no functions within the Barclays Mobile Banking app that require PINsentry authentication.
You will need:
- The Barclays Mobile Banking app
- Your Barclays Mobile Banking 5-digit passcode
Go to the Online Banking log-in page:
- Enter your surname and then your membership number, card number or sort code & account number. Select Next
- Enter the requested number of digits of the long number running across the middle of your debit card, cash card or authentication card (this is usually the last 4 or 5 digits)
- Open Barclays Mobile Banking and select Mobile PINsentry from the log-in page
- At the Mobile PINsentry page, enter your 5-digit Barclays Mobile Banking passcode
- Select Identify and follow the instructions to generate your 8-digit authorisation code
- Enter the code on the log-in page and select Log in
You'll notice there are 3 buttons within Mobile PINsentry: Identify, Respond and Sign. They all have similar functions (to verify your identity and protect your accounts) but are used in different circumstances.
If you've logged in with your passcode and memorable word and are asked to authenticate using PINsentry (for example if you are setting up Text Alerts), the process is the same as logging in.
This is used if you're registering for Barclays Pingit or any other Barclays apps. The process is similar to logging in – you'll get full instructions when you register.
If you've made a payment to someone new in Online Banking, you'll be asked to sign the payment. The process is similar to logging in – you'll get full instructions when you're making your payment.
I don’t have Barclays Mobile Banking but I want to enjoy the benefits of PINsentry
No problem – we can send you out a card reader which you can use with your debit card and your debit card PIN to generate PINsentry authentication code. You can upgrade to PINsentry within Online Banking and you can still use your passcode and memorable word to log in to Online Banking if you don’t have your card reader to hand.