Business current account
Move your banking to Barclays and you’ll benefit from:
- Support and guidance from your Business Banking telephone team with our Service Guarantee
- A choice of 2 straightforward Price Plans that you can switch between to enjoy the charging structure designed around how your business makes and takes payments
- Our Loyalty Reward, which gives you back more of your account charges the longer you bank with us
- The flexibility to manage your account online, by phone, in branch or using the Barclays Mobile Banking app 3
- Get paid instantly using just your mobile number with Barclays Pingit 4
This is our promise to you that:
- Our Business Banking telephone team aims to resolve every query straight away
- If your query can’t be settled there and then, you’ll be given a named point of contact who will take personal responsibility for looking into the query and making sure you’re kept informed until it’s resolved
- Free CREDITFOCUS classic 5 – our service to help you recover and reduce late payments and bad debts
- Consultations with an accountant, marketing professional and solicitor
Rates & charges
When moving your account to Barclays, you have the choice of 2 simple Price Plans:
- Mixed Payments Plan – designed for business that mainly use cash, cheques or a range of ways to make and receive payments
- e–Payments Plan – designed for businesses that receive electronic payments and make payments mainly through Online Banking and debit cards
|Mixed Payments Plan||e-Payments Plan|
|Electronic payments (in or out)||£0.35||Free|
|Cash payments (in or out)||£0.90 (Per £100)||£1.50 (Per £100)|
|Cheques and assisted payments (in or out)||£0.65||£1.50|
|ATM cash out and electronic internal transfer||Free||Free|
|Monthly account fee||£6.00||£6.50|
For more information on our charges download our Business Current Account Price Plan Charges sheet 450 KB 6
Price Plan Selector
Want a little more help to choose the Price Plan that's right for your business? Use our Price Plan Selector
Price Plan Guarantee
The way your business makes and receives payments can change over time. To make sure you’re always on the plan that offers you the best deal, we’ll carry out a review each year.
We’ll contact you if we think a different plan could save you money, and move you on to that plan unless you tell us otherwise. However, if you think another plan would suit your needs better, you can move whenever you like – just let us know.
Loyalty Reward to say thank you
Loyalty Reward is our way of rewarding you for being our customer by paying you back a proportion of the charges we apply to your current account on a monthly basis.
The table below shows the percentage of your bank charges you could get back the longer you bank with us.
|Length of time your business banks with us|
|Under 1 year||Under 5 years||Under 15 years||Over 15 years|
|Annual credit turnover||Up to £99,999.99||0%||5%||10%||15%|
|£100k to £249,999.99||5%||10%||15%||20%|
|£250k to £499,999.99||10%||15%||20%||25%|
|£500k to £1,999,999||15%||20%||25%||30%|
|£2m and over||25%||30%||40%||50%|
For further information on how our Loyalty Reward works download our Business Current Account Price Plan Charges sheet 450 KB 6
How to apply
Before you start, you’ll need to have the following details to hand to fill out a Barclays Business account application online:
- Business name, contact details, nature of business and legal status
- Business start date (if applicable), turnover and any funding requirements
- Incorporation details (if a limited company)
- Personal name and address
- Time at current address, and previous address details if under 3 years
- Existing bank account details
- Country, city and date of birth, and country of nationality and residence
If you’re a sole trader, the whole application process can be completed online in just 10 minutes. We’ll then call you within 5 working days to confirm your account has been set up. Full account documentation will follow by post.
Partnerships and limited companies
If you are a partnership or limited company with 2 partners/directors, you can start your application online. Once submitted, we’ll contact you to book an appointment with a Barclays Business Manager at a branch and time that’s convenient for you to complete it.
What happens next?
We take care of the details, while you take care of your business. Once your application is complete, we will:
- Get in touch with your old bank to switch over any standing orders and Direct Debits, and send you a list to check that they’re all correct.
- Arrange for your credit or debit balance to be moved from your old account
- Let you know when your account is ready to use and send you your new chequebook and card
Looking for a start-up account?
Every other working minute 1 a new business opens an account with us.
- Free business banking for 12 months 2
- Free credit management service
- Free legal and tax advice as well as consultations with an accountant, marketing professional and solicitor for expert advice in your crucial first months
Standard transactions include most payments out (debits) and payments in (credits). Automated transactions through telephone/internet banking are included, as are cheque transactions, cash handling and paper/online statement services. There are charges for non-standard transactions, such as audit letters, returned/stopped cheques, international payments and duplicate statements. See a full list of standard and non-standard transactions .