Business current account
Switch to Barclays for a fresh approach to business banking
Moving your business bank account to Barclays is easy, and will give you tools to help run your business effectively, such as a choice of clear Price Plans and our Loyalty Reward to help you save on your account charges.
Move your banking to Barclays and you’ll benefit from:
- Support and guidance from your Business Banking telephone team with our Service Guarantee
- A choice of 2 straightforward Price Plans that you can switch between to enjoy the charging structure designed around how your business makes and takes payments
- Our Loyalty Reward, which gives you back more of your account charges the longer you bank with us
- The flexibility to manage your account online, by phone, in branch or using the Barclays Mobile Banking app 3
- Get paid instantly using just your mobile number with Barclays Pingit 4
This is our promise to you that:
- Our Business Banking telephone team aims to resolve every query straight away
- If your query can’t be settled there and then, you’ll be given a named point of contact who will take personal responsibility for looking into the query and making sure you’re kept informed until it’s resolved
- Free CREDITFOCUS classic 5 – our service to help you recover and reduce late payments and bad debts
- Free consultations with an accountant, marketing professional and solicitor
- Free seminars and business skills e-training courses to help you and your business to achieve even greater success
- 2GB of free business online data backup from i-sure
- Free Barclays Connector – an online community designed to help you build your business
Rates and charges
When moving your account to Barclays, you have the choice of 2 simple Price Plans:
- Mixed Payments Plan – designed for business that mainly use cash, cheques or a range of ways to make and receive payments
- e–Payments Plan – designed for businesses that receive electronic payments and make payments mainly through Online Banking and debit cards
|Mixed Payments Plan||e-Payments Plan|
|Electronic payments (in or out)||£0.35 per transaction||Free|
|Cash payments (in or out)||£0.90 per £100||£1.50 per £100|
|Cheques and assisted payments (in or out)||£0.65 per transaction||£1.50 per transaction|
|ATM cash out and electronic internal transfer||Free||Free|
|Monthly account fee||£6.00||£6.50|
For more information on our charges, download our Business Current Account Price Plan Charges sheet 450 KB 6
Price Plan Selector
Want a little more help to choose the Price Plan that's right for your business? Use our Price Plan Selector
Price Plan Guarantee
The way your business makes and receives payments can change over time. To make sure you’re always on the plan that offers you the best deal, we’ll carry out a review each year.
We’ll contact you if we think a different plan could save you money, and move you on to that plan unless you tell us otherwise. However, if you think another plan would suit your needs better, you can move whenever you like – just let us know.
Loyalty Reward is our way of rewarding you for being our customer by paying you back a proportion of the charges we apply to your current account on a monthly basis.
The table below shows the percentage of your bank charges you could get back the longer you bank with us.
|Length of time your business banks with us|
|Under 1 year||Under 5 years||Under 15 years||Over 15 years|
|Annual credit turnover||Up to £99,999.99||0%||5%||10%||15%|
|£100k to £249,999.99||5%||10%||15%||20%|
|£250k to £499,999.99||10%||15%||20%||25%|
|£500k to £1,999,999||15%||20%||25%||30%|
|£2m and over||25%||30%||40%||50%|
For more information on how our Loyalty Reward works, download our Business Current Account Price Plan Charges sheet 450 KB 6
How to apply
Before you start, you’ll need to have the following details to hand to fill out a Barclays Business account application online:
- Business name, contact details, nature of business and legal status
- Business start date (if applicable), turnover and any funding requirements
- Incorporation details (if a limited company)
- Personal name and address
- Time at current address, and previous address details if under 3 years
- Existing bank account details
- Country, city and date of birth, and country of nationality and residence
If you’re a sole trader, the whole application process can be completed online in just 10 minutes. We’ll then call you within 5 working days to confirm your account has been set up. Full account documentation will follow by post.
Partnerships and limited companies
If you are a partnership or limited company with 2 partners/directors, you can start your application online. Once submitted, we’ll contact you to book an appointment with a Barclays Business Manager at a branch and time that’s convenient for you to complete it.
What happens next?
We take care of the details, while you take care of your business. Once your application is complete, we will:
- Get in touch with your old bank to switch over any standing orders and Direct Debits, and send you a list to check that they’re all correct.
- Arrange for your credit or debit balance to be moved from your old account
- Let you know when your account is ready to use and send you your new chequebook and card
Price Plan Selector
To make things simple, you have two Price Plans to choose from, e-Payments Plan and Mixed Payments Plan, both designed around the way your business makes and receives payments.
The Price Plan Selector has been designed to help you choose a plan for the way you do your business.
Apply for a Business
Apply for a Barclays Business current account
- Sole trader ?
- Complete our online application form.
Other ways to apply
or call your business banking team on
0845 605 2345 2.