Start–up business account
A Business current account that evolves with your business
Free banking with our Business current account for 12 months 3, to help you get off the ground. You’ll also get invaluable expert guidance that can make a big difference in those early months.
Open a start-up account for your new business and you’ll benefit from:
- Free business banking for 12 months 3
- At the end of your free banking you will have a choice of 2 straightforward Price Plans
- Our Loyalty Reward gives you back more of your account charges the longer you're with us
- Support and guidance from your Business Banking telephone team with our Service Guarantee
- The flexibility to manage your account online, by phone, via the Barclays Mobile Banking app 4 or in branch
- Our Business Banking telephone team aims to resolve every query straight away
- If we can’t, we’ll give you a named point of contact who’ll take personal responsibility for resolving your query and making sure you’re kept fully informed along the way
- Free CREDITFOCUS classic 5 – our service to help you recover and reduce late payments and bad debts
- Free consultations with an accountant, marketing professional and solicitor for expert advice in your crucial first months
- Free seminars on topics such as marketing and growing your business
- 2GB of free business online data backup from i-sure
- Free business skills e-training courses , covering a range of areas essential to business success
- Free Barclays Connector – an online community designed to help you build your business
- Barclays Cloud It – our secure online document storage and management service
Rates and charges
During your 'initial free banking period' you won’t be charged for everyday standard transactions 6, such as paying in cash or cheques, making or receiving payments and even bank statements. However, we’ll charge for non-standard transactions, such as ordering drafts, stopping cheques and international payments.
Please refer to our Business Current Account Price Plan Charges sheet at the bottom of this page for full information on our non–standard services and their charges.
When this period ends
We will contact you two months prior to your period of initial free banking period ending to let you know which Price Plan you will be moving to, with the option to move to the other Price Plan if you prefer.
Price Plans designed for your business
At the end of your initial free banking period, you have two simple Price Plans to choose from, designed around the way your business makes and receives payments.
- Mixed Payments Plan – designed for business that mainly use cash, cheques or a range of ways to make and receive payments
- e-Payments Plan – designed for businesses that receive electronic payments and make payments mainly through Online Banking and debit cards
Enjoy piece of mind with our Price Plan Guarantee
To make sure you’re still on the plan that offers you the best deal we’ll carry out a review each year. If so we will automatically move you, writing to you first.
Loyalty Reward is our way of rewarding you for being our customer by paying you back a proportion of the charges we apply to your current account on a monthly basis.
For more information on our Loyalty Reward and additional services, download our Business Current Account Price Plan Charges sheet 450 KB 6
How to apply
Before you start, you’ll need to have the following details to hand in order to fill out a Barclays Business account application online:
- Business name, contact details, nature of business and legal status
- Business start date (if applicable), anticipated turnover and any funding requirements
- Incorporation details (if a limited company)
- Personal name and address
- Time at current address, and previous address details if under 3 years
- Existing bank account details
- Country, city and date of birth and country of nationality and residence
If you’re a sole trader, the whole application process can be completed online in just 10 minutes. We’ll then call you within 5 working days to confirm your account has been set up. Full documentation will follow by post.
Partnerships and limited companies
If you are a partnership or limited company with 2 partners/directors, you can start your application online. Once submitted, we’ll contact you to book an appointment with a Barclays Business Manager at a branch and time that’s convenient for you to complete your application.