Open a business banking account
Applying online for one of our business current accounts will take around 10–15 minutes to complete and will save you time in a branch. Once your form is submitted we’ll book you an appointment with a Barclays Business Manager, in a branch convenient for you, to make sure you have the right account and to complete the process.
Please use this application if you are starting up a business or you want to move your business account to Barclays and are one of the following:
- A sole trader;
- A partnership (up to two partners); or
- A limited company (up to two directors)
In order to make your application as smooth as possible please ensure you have the following details to hand when starting the application form:
- Contact details
- Business name and address, nature of business and legal status
- Start date (if applicable), anticipated turnover and funding requirements
- Incorporation details (if a Limited Company)
Personal details (for both Partners/Directors)
- Personal name and address
- Date you moved into your home address
- Previous address details (if at current address for less than three years)
- Existing bank account details
- Date, country and city of birth; and country of nationality and residence
At your appointment
You will need to meet with a Barclays Business Manager to complete the opening of your new business account. To get your account set up as quickly as possible, remember to bring your ID with you to the meeting. You’ll need one from each of the following types:
- Some photo ID – either a passport, driving licence or National Identity card
- Proof of your current home address – such as a recent utility bill, council tax bill or bank or credit card statement (Mobile phone bills are not acceptable)
- Headed paper showing the details of your new business
If you’re using a trading name for your business instead of your own, you’re the owner of a limited company, you’re involved in a limited liability partnership or your company is registered outside the EU, call us on 0800 515 462 1 to find out what additional paperwork you need to bring.
We’ll take care of the details, so you can concentrate on more important things
- We’ll let you know when your account is ready to use.
- We'll send you your new cheque book and card.
If you are moving an existing business account to us:
- We’ll liaise with your old bank to switch over any standing orders and Direct Debits, and we’ll send you a list to check that they’re all correct.
- We’ll have your credit or debit balance moved from your old account.
While you're running your business, we will continue to be there for you, answering any questions you may have and we will help you to find the right solutions.
If you're thinking of starting a business or switching to Barclays you can also make an appointment with a Barclays Business Manager on 0800 515 462 1.
If you're an existing Barclays Business customer requiring an additional account, we can open one for you more easily if you contact us on 0345 605 2345 2.
If you're not yet ready to open an account, read more about the ins and outs of running a business with our free start-up guide .