How to complain
We value your feedback. Letting us know when you are not happy with our service gives us the opportunity to put matters right for you and improve our service for everybody.
To help us resolve your complaint, we'll need the following:
- Your name and address
- Your account number and sort code (for confidentiality reasons, only send your sort code in an email)
- A daytime telephone number and any times you would prefer us to contact you
- Details of what you're concerned about, including policy numbers and references and copies of any relevant letters and policies.
Ways to complain
0800 282 3901 (UK-only) or +44 (0)207 116 7488 1 (from outside the UK).
Barclays Bank Plc
Please do not include any confidential information in any emails you send to us. If you need to refer to specific account details, call or write to us instead. We usually reply to your email address but there may be times when we need to get in touch by post, for example when we need to refer to confidential information or send you important documents.
If you want to complain about other Barclays UK services (eg Retail Banking, Barclays Stockbrokers, Barclaycard etc), you can contact our other teams on the group contact us page
Getting back to you
Once you've contacted us we'll do our best to resolve any complaints immediately. If we need more time to complete our investigations, we will:
- Let you know who will be looking after your complaint
- Provide you with a reference number
- Keep you regularly updated with our progress.
If it looks like our investigations will take more than eight weeks from when you originally contact us, we will provide you with a written update on our progress.
If you're still not happy
If for any reason you're not happy with our response, please let the person or team that handled your complaint know so that we have the opportunity to see if there is anything further we can do.
Once we're satisfied we've considered all aspects of your complaint, we will send you our final response.
You can also contact the Financial Ombudsman Service but they will only step in once we've had the opportunity to investigate matters for you.
Taking your complaint further
If we do not resolve your complaint internally to your satisfaction, or we have not resolved your complaint within 8 weeks from when you first let us know about your concerns, you may be able to ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to review your complaint. The Financial Ombudsman Service is an organisation set up by law to give consumers a free and independent service for resolving disputes with financial firms. Details of those who are eligible complainants can be obtained from the Financial Ombudsman Service:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
By phone: 08000 234 567 2
By mobile: 0300 123 9 123 2
1. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor and record phone calls. Calls to 0800 numbers are free when calling from a UK landline. Charges may apply when using a mobile phone or when calling from abroad. Read our call charges and information
2. Call charges will apply. Please check with your service provider.