Credit Cards for purchases
Gain control over your credit card purchases
- 0% introductory rates with our purchase offers
- Our lowest APR credit card has 7.9% interest
- Apply online quickly and easily
Barclaycard Platinum with balance transfer and purchase offer
APR and offer terms may vary with individual circumstances, subject to status
|To keep your 0% rates, you'll need to make your minimum payments on time and stay within your credit limit. Otherwise the interest will go back to the purchase rate, which is also the rate you'll pay when your promotional period has ended. If you have a balance transfer, you’ll pay interest on all purchases made once the 0% purchase rate has expired, unless you repay your balance in full.|
|Purchase Rate pa
|Assumed Credit Limit
Subject to application and status. The terms of your product may differ from the example.
- Online account services – sign up to mybarclaycard to keep track of your account*
- Purchase Delivery Protection – use your Barclaycard when purchasing products and services from UK retailers and you’re protected if your delivery is lost or damaged
- Emergency help – we offer replacement cards and emergency cash advances, depending on the money in your account. If you’re abroad, you can count on our Worldwide Assistance team to help you, 24 hours a day
- Free text alert service
- Contactless payment – you can make fast, easy and secure payments of £20 or under in seconds, wherever you see the contactless symbol
Purchase credit card guide
- Take advantage of our 0% interest on purchase offers
- Enjoy low interest rates for the long term
We could offer you our lowest APR yet or 0% interest on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months from account opening. You can give yourself a break from paying interest for a year or simply enjoy our lowest APR.
Got a question?
Now that you've seen the benefits that getting a purchase card can bring, see if you are eligible.
- You don't already have a Barclaycard
- You are aged 21 or over
- You have a regular income of more than £20,000 pa
- You have no history of bankruptcy
- You have not had any County Court Judgments (CCJs) or Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs) registered against you in the past 5 years
- You have a history of managing credit commitments well (ie have existing credit and at least 4 years of experience managing credit cards, loans, overdraft or mortgage)
- You have always made payments on time
- You have had a permanent UK address for 3 months or more
- You have debt less than 10% of your income on credit cards or store cards (excludes mortgage debt)
Apply with more confidence
With our pre-application check – you can find out in 1 minute which card you may be eligible for, without affecting your credit rating.