Credit Cards for building your credit
If you have a limited credit history or want to rebuild your credit, Barclaycard may be able to help
- Build your credit rating if you are new to credit
- Rebuild your credit history with good account management
- Great if you're looking for a manageable credit limit
|Purchase Rate pa
|Assumed Credit Limit
Subject to application and status. The terms of your product may differ from the example.
- Easy online management – sign up to mybarclaycard to keep track of your account
- Cover against loss or damage – use your Barclaycard when purchasing brand new products and services from UK retailers online, by phone or mail order and you’re protected if your delivery is lost or damaged
- Emergency help – we offer replacement cards and emergency cash advances, depending on the money in your account. And if you’re abroad, you can count on our World Assistance team to help you, 24 hours a day
- Contactless payments – just hold your credit card close to a contactless reader for payments that are £20 or less
- 24 hour service – we’re ready to help whenever you need it
- Fraud monitoring – if we notice a suspicious transaction you may not have made, our Fraud Prevention team will give you a call straightaway
Barclaycard Initial guide
Barclaycard Initial could offer you:
- The chance to rebuild or improve your credit if you have a bad credit history
- The ability to start building your credit history
Good or bad, your credit rating will follow you wherever you go – and it largely affects your financial future. So if you want to improve your credit rating or if you don’t have one because you're new to credit, Barclaycard Initial could help you.
Got a question?
Now that you've seen the benefits, see if you are eligible.
- You don't already have a Barclaycard
- You are 18 or older
- You have no credit history
- Your financial situation has improved over the last 12 months
- You have lived at your address for at least 3 months
- You are in regular employment
- You have not been declared bankrupt in the last 12 months
- You have had no County Court Judgments or Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs) in the last 12 months
Apply with more confidence
With our pre-application check – you can find out in 1 minute which card you may be eligible for, without affecting your credit rating.