Unsure what to search for? Other customers found these helpful.

Identification documents required

Cash Card Accounts

To open an account we need confirmation of who you are and where you live. We need two original documents (not photocopies) from the lists below.

To confirm who you are, we need one of the following:

  • Full passport
  • European Union member state Identity Card
  • UK Photocard driving licence or UK full paper driving licence
  • Benefit books/benefit entitlement letters; includes pension, Child Benefit, income support, disability and Job Seeker's Allowance

To confirm where you live, we need one of the following:

  • UK Photocard driving licence or UK full paper driving licence with current address (if not used as identification)
  • Gas bill (less than three months old)
  • Water bill (less than three months old)
  • Telephone bill for a fixed line (less than three months old), not a mobile phone bill
  • Local authority council tax bill (current financial year)
  • Bank statement (less than three months old) from another bank (Internet statements are not acceptable)
  • Mortgage statement that's less than 12 months old (Internet statements are not acceptable)
  • Council rent book (must be current)
  • HM Revenue & Customs notice of tax coding (current tax year)

You can't use the same item twice. For joint accounts, we'll need this identification from both of you.

If you want advice on what documents to provide or need help completing the application call us free on 0800 015 4996 1 (Textphone 0800 015 4997).

Important information

1. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor and record phone calls. Calls to 0800 numbers are free when calling from a UK landline. Charges may apply when using a mobile phone or when calling from abroad. Call charges