Platinum Banking Account
This account is no longer on sale
You can apply for a Barclays Bank Account and then use our new online Features Store to add Features such as Travel Insurance, Mobile Phone Insurance, Text Alerts, Online Statements and much more.
All benefits are subject to terms, conditions, exclusions & limitations. Please read the policy documents to ensure you know what's covered and what's not. Some Features come as part of Packs which carry a monthly fee.
Key features and benefits
- Barclays Personalised Cards for free with an image of your choice
- No monthly fee
- Free Text Alerts including Near Limit Alert
- A Platinum contactless debit card (fast and secure payments for items of £20 or less)
- Access to Online and Telephone Banking
- Cash withdrawals of up to £750 a day at an ATM, provided you have enough money available in your account
- Fee-free overdraft up to £250 1
Daily overdraft fees are charged on your overdraft balance. If you go over the fee-free amount, you’ll be charged on the whole balance of your arranged overdraft as follows:
Over £250 and up to £1,000 – 75p per day
Over £1,000 and up to £2,000 – £1.50 per day
Over £2,000 – £3 per day
Fee-free overdraft up to £250 (subject to application and status) while you stay within that limit. If you use an overdraft of £1,200, you’ll be charged £1.50 a day when you use it.
Get the most out of your account
- Online Banking – pay bills, manage payments, check statements and more
- Telephone Banking – 24/7 banking is just a phone call away
- Text Alerts – get text messages about your account to your mobile
- Mobile Banking – check your balance, view mini-statements, make payments and more
Terms, conditions and exclusions apply
Build your own current account
You can now choose what features you would prefer by switching to Barclays Bank Account and using our online Feature store to build your personalised current account.
To switch your account, go into your nearest branch or call us on 08457 555 555 2 .
2. Lines open Monday to Sunday 7am-11pm. To maintain quality service, we may monitor or record phonecalls. Call charges