Premier Life 25
This account is no longer on sale
- If you meet the eligiblity conditions for Premier Banking you can apply for a Premier Current Account and then use our new online Features Store to add the Features that suit your lifestyle
- Premier Current Account carries a £25 monthly fee
- All benefits are subject to terms, conditions, exclusions & limitations. Please read the policy documents to ensure you know what's covered and what's not. Some Features come as part of Packs which carry a monthly fee
Premier Life 25 is for customers who do not meet the eligibility criteria for Premier Banking. Customers who are eligible for Premier Banking can find details on Premier Life .
Key Features, Benefits, Limitations and Exclusions
- Barclays Personalised Cards for free with an image of your choice
- Worldwide family travel insurance(?)
- Airport lounge access
- Comprehensive RAC Breakdown Cover in the UK and Europe(?)
- Gadget insurance(?)
- Card Secure, enables all cards to be registered and cancelled with one phone call
- Extended warranty cover for your domestic appliances(?)
- Worldwide Lifestyle Management Service that can organise a wide range of things – from entertainment to an electrician
- MarketMaster account from Barclays Stockbrokers
- Will-Writing service and inheritance tax brochure
- Legal and tax helpline
- Black Premier contactless debit card, to make payments easier and faster (subject status) with a higher cash withdrawal limit of £750 a day (subject to available funds)
- Barclays loyalty mortgage – get a better deal (subject to status and availability) 3
- 24/7 access to your Premier Team over the phone
- Relationship Manager
- Annual financial review
- Priority tills in selected branches – find your nearest branch with a Premier counter
- Premier Online Banking
- Apply for an interest-free overdraft up to £1,000
Overdrafts between £1,000 and an arranged limit – 14.9% interest pa (variable)2
Up to £1,000 – 0% interest pa (variable)
Over £1,000 and up to £5,000 – 14.9% pa (variable) 1
- Apply for a Personal Reserve 1
All benefits are subject to terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations. Please read the policy documents to ensure you know what's covered and what's not.
Premier Life is available to Personal Banking customers for £25 a month. However our Premier Banking service allows you to access Premier Life for £17.50 a month if you meet the Premier Banking eligibility criteria.
If you wish to join Premier Banking you must have an annual gross income paid into a Barclays current account of £75,000+ and / or £50,000+ saved or invested through Barclays. Eligibility for Premier Banking will be reviewed regularly. Find out more about Premier Banking
Terms & conditions
Open the document you need by selecting the relevant link from the table below. You can then print or save it to your computer 4
|Important changes to the Premier Life 25 account||320 KB|
Additional Terms and Conditions for Current Accounts
|Personalised Debit Card||Full details|
|Your money||600 KB|
|About our insurance services||1.68 MB|
|Credit Interest Rates for Current Accounts||140 KB|
|Benefits you need to register for|
Airport lounge access
|Premier Life 25 gadget insurance
Call 0800 111 777 5 to register
Please wait until your Premier Life Welcome Pack has arrived before attempting to register
|MarketMaster account from Barclays stockbrokers
|Extended warranty cover
Call 0800 111 777 5 to register (select the Extended warranty option)
|Children's health cover
To register or to receive more information call 0800 111 777 (select the child healthcare option)
|Benefits you are automatically registered for|
|RAC Breakdown Cover||960 KB|
|Travel insurance||1.2 MB|
|24 hour legal helpline||160 KB|
|Worldwide lifestyle management service||170 KB|
Build your own current account
You can now choose what features you would prefer by switching to Barclays Bank Account and using our online Feature store to build your personalised current account.
To switch your account, go into your nearest branch or call us on 08457 555 555 3.
If you are not happy with your account, you have a 14-day period in which to contact us to cancel your account or switch to another account. This period begins on the date your account is opened or the date you receive your terms and conditions and other account information, whichever is the later. If you contact us within this period to cancel or switch your account, we will refund any account fees you may have paid. However, if you cancel or switch your account at a later date, you will not be refunded the account fees that you have paid. If you wish to cancel or switch your account, you should tell us by writing to Barclays, Leicester LE87 2BB.
We want to hear from you if you feel unhappy with the service you've received from us. Letting us know your concerns gives us the opportunity to put matters right for you and improve our service to all our customers. You can complain in person at your branch, in writing, by email or by telephone. A leaflet detailing how we deal with complaints is available on request in any of our branches, from the Barclays Information Line on 0800 400 100 4 or at www.barclays.co.uk. Alternatively you can write to Barclays, Leicester LE87 2BB.
If we do not resolve your complaint internally to your satisfaction, you may be able to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR (telephone: 08000 234 567). The Financial Ombudsman Service is an organisation set up by law to give consumers a free and independent service for resolving disputes with financial firms. Details of those who are eligible complainants can be obtained from the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Important information about compensation arrangements
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS can pay compensation to depositors if a bank is unable to meet its financial obligations. Most depositors – including most individuals and small businesses – are covered by the scheme.
In respect of deposits, an eligible depositor is entitled to claim up to £85,000. For joint accounts each account holder is treated as having a claim in respect of their share so, for a joint account held by two eligible depositors, the maximum amount that could be claimed would be £85,000 each (making a total of £170,000). The £85,000 limit relates to the combined amount in all the eligible depositor’s accounts with the bank, including their share of any joint account, and not to each separate account.
For further information about the scheme (including the amounts covered and eligibility to claim) please ask at your local branch, refer to the website Financial Services Compensation Scheme or call 020 7892 7300 or 0800 678 1100.
Barclays Bank PLC may also accept deposits under the following trading names; Barclays, Barclays Bank, Barclaycard, Barclays Business, Barclays Capital, Barclays Commercial, Barclays Corporate, Barclays International Private Banking, Barclays Local Business, Barclays Premier, Barclays Private Bank, Barclays Wealth, Standard Life Cash Savings and Standard Life Cash Savings & Mortgages. Deposits accepted from an eligible depositor under these trading names are combined for the purposes of deposit compensation from the FSCS. The FSCS is not applicable to deposits held at branches in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
Premier Life Account interest rates
Rates are variable and effective from 2 March 2009. Interest is paid on the 1st working day of the month. Interest is earned on the statement balance of your account.
|Balance||Gross % below
Bank of England
bank rate 7
|Gross rate pa%||Net rate pa%||AER%|
4. To view Adobe® PDF files you will need Adobe Reader®, available from Adobe Systems Incorporated. Adobe® and Reader® are the registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. For more information on accessibility please see the Adobe Accessibility site.
5. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor and record phone calls. Calls to 0800 numbers are free when calling from a UK landline. Charges may apply when using a mobile phone or when calling from abroad. Read our call charges and information
6. Figures assume Bank of England Bank Rate to be 0.50%. Premier Life Accounts with a balance of £25,000 or more, receive an interest rate that tracks below Bank of England Bank Rate by a guaranteed percentage rate, see above. Bank of England Bank Rate is variable. When Bank of England Bank Rate is 1.75% or below, interest may not be paid. Bank of England Bank Rate is currently 0.50% and therefore no interest is being paid under the account terms. In the event that Bank of England Bank Rate increases to the extent that credit interest is due and payable under the account terms, the ‘tracking’ interest rates will apply from that time.