Current Account Plus
This account is no longer on sale
You can apply for a Barclays Bank Account and then use our new online Features Store to add Features such as Travel Insurance, Mobile Phone Insurance, Text Alerts, Online Statements and much more.
All benefits are subject to terms, conditions, exclusions & limitations. Please read the policy documents to ensure you know what's covered and what's not. Some Features come as part of Packs which carry a monthly fee.
Key features, benefits, limitations & exclusions
- Barclays Personalised Cards for free with an image of your choice
- Mobile phone insurance for loss, theft and accidental damage (subject to registration)explain
- Extended warranty cover for domestic appliancesexplain
- Gadget insurance for things like your mp3 playerexplain
- Card Secure, enables all cards to be registered and cancelled with one phone callexplain
- 24/7 legal advice helpline
- Barclays loyalty mortgage – get a better mortgage deal (subject to status and availability) 2
- Contactless debit cards to make payments easier and faster (subject to status)
- Apply for an interest-free overdraft up to £300
Overdrafts between £301 and £5,000 incur18.3% pa (variable)
Up to £300 – 0% interest pa (variable)
Over £300 and up to £5,000 – 18.3% pa (variable) 1
- No overdraft fees (if overdrawn within arranged limit)
- Apply for a Personal Reserve 1
Ways to bank
- Online Banking
- Telephone Banking
- Mobile Banking
- Debit cards
- Free Text Alerts – with free Near Limit Alert text messages
- A network of more than 1,700 branches
All benefits are subject to terms, conditions and exclusions. Please read the policy documents to ensure you know what's covered and what's not.
Terms & conditions
Open the document you need by selecting the relevant link below. You can then print or save it to your computer 3.
|Additional Terms and Conditions for Current Accounts||110 KB|
|Personalised Debit Card||Full details|
|Mobile phone insurance||1.85 MB|
|Extended warranty||150 KB|
|Gadget insurance||360 KB|
|Card Secure||1.87 MB|
|About out insurance services||170 KB|
|24 hour legal helpline||290 KB|
|Your money||530 KB|
|Credit Interest Rates for Current Accounts||140 KB|
Build your own current account
You can now choose what features you would prefer by switching to Barclays Bank Account and using our online Feature store to build your personalised current account.
To switch your account, go into your nearest branch or call us on 08457 555 555 6.
If you are not happy with your account, you have a 14-day period in which to contact us to cancel your account or switch to another account. This period begins on the date your account is opened or the date you receive your terms and conditions and other account information, whichever is the later. If you contact us within this period to cancel or switch your account, we will refund any account fees you may have paid. However, if you cancel or switch your account at a later date, you will not be refunded the account fees that you have paid. If you wish to cancel or switch your account, you should tell us by writing to Barclays, Leicester LE87 2BB.
We want to hear from you if you feel unhappy with the service you've received from us. Letting us know your concerns gives us the opportunity to put matters right for you and improve our service to all our customers. You can complain in person at your branch, in writing, by email or by telephone. A leaflet detailing how we deal with complaints is available on request in any of our branches, from the Barclays Information Line on 0800 400 100 4 or at www.barclays.co.uk. Alternatively you can write to Barclays, Leicester LE87 2BB.
If we do not resolve your complaint internally to your satisfaction, you may be able to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR (telephone: 08000 234 567). The Financial Ombudsman Service is an organisation set up by law to give consumers a free and independent service for resolving disputes with financial firms. Details of those who are eligible complainants can be obtained from the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Important information about compensation arrangements
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS can pay compensation to depositors if a bank is unable to meet its financial obligations. Most depositors – including most individuals and small businesses – are covered by the scheme.
In respect of deposits, an eligible depositor is entitled to claim up to £85,000. For joint accounts each account holder is treated as having a claim in respect of their share so, for a joint account held by two eligible depositors, the maximum amount that could be claimed would be £85,000 each (making a total of £170,000). The £85,000 limit relates to the combined amount in all the eligible depositor’s accounts with the bank, including their share of any joint account, and not to each separate account.
For further information about the scheme (including the amounts covered and eligibility to claim) please ask at your local branch, refer to the website Financial Services Compensation Scheme or call 020 7892 7300 or 0800 678 1100.
Barclays Bank PLC may also accept deposits under the following trading names; Barclays, Barclays Bank, Barclaycard, Barclays Business, Barclays Capital, Barclays Commercial, Barclays Corporate, Barclays International Private Banking, Barclays Local Business, Barclays Premier, Barclays Private Bank, Barclays Wealth, Standard Life Cash Savings and Standard Life Cash Savings & Mortgages. Deposits accepted from an eligible depositor under these trading names are combined for the purposes of deposit compensation from the FSCS. The FSCS is not applicable to deposits held at branches in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
Register your benefits
|Account benefit||Registration needed?||How to register|
|Personalised Debit Card||Yes||You can register online|
|Legal services||No||You're automatically registered
When you are ready to use this service, call the Current Account Plus helpline 5 on 0800 328 6931 and select the legal helpline option to speak to one of our team.
|Your overdraft||No||Remember that all Current Account Plus Personal Reserves and overdrafts are subject to application and status and are repayable on demand.
Apply for an overdraft
|Mobile phone insurance||Yes||You can register online or call the Current Account Plus helpline 5 on 0800 328 6931 and select the mobile phone insurance option.|
|Extended warranty cover||Yes||Please call the Current Account Plus helpline 5 on 0800 328 6931 and select the extended warranty option to arrange for an extension of the warranty on a new purchase.|
|Gadget insurance||Yes||You can register online or call 0800 328 6931 5 and select the gadget insurance option.|
|Card Secure||Yes||Please call the Current Account Plus helpline 1 on 0800 328 6931. They will send you a pack with everything you need to get set up.|
1. Overdrafts and Personal Reserve are subject to status and application so the amount offered may be different to that shown on the example. All borrowing is repayable on demand.
3. To view Adobe® PDF files you will need Adobe Reader®, available from Adobe Systems Incorporated. Adobe® and Reader® are the registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. For more information on accessibility please see the Adobe Accessibility site.
4. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor and record phone calls. Calls to 0800 numbers are free when calling from a UK landline. Charges may apply when using a mobile phone or when calling from abroad. Read our call charges and information
5. The Lending Code: Barclays Bank PLC subscribes to the Lending Code which is monitored and enforced by the Lending Standards Board. The Lending Code sets minimum standards of good practice when dealing with certain customers in the UK in relation to loans, current account overdrafts, charge cards and credit cards. Further details can be found at: Lending Standards Board