Student Additions Account
- Free Text Alerts to help you manage your money
- Online , Mobile and Telephone Banking
Check your balance, view your most recent transactions, transfer funds between your accounts and make payments to existing payees with Barclays Mobile Banking app for your iPhone, or iPad, Android or Blackberry
- Contactless debit card to make payments easier and faster (subject to status), which you can personalise for free with a photo of your choice
- We will deliver replacement debit cards to your home within 2 working days
- Full protection against online debit card fraud
- RAC Learner driver
- Up to £2,000 interest-free while you’re studying at university depending on circumstances, with £200 interest-free available when you open your account subject to application and status. The maximum limit available is £3,000, and overdraft limits above £2,000 will incur interest
- Overdrafts are not available to non-UK resident Students
- Representative example:
Up to £2,000 – 0% interest pa (variable)
Over £2,000 and up to £3,000 – 8.9% interest pa (variable) 2
See Student overdraft
- 10% discount on Student Possessions Insurance until 31 December 2013. Cover starts from £3.33 per month
- 10% discount on Student Travel Insurance 3 until 30 June 2013. Cover starts from £11.78 for a week in Europe
Remember to check what's covered and what's not covered by reading your policy documents.
Read the important information on your cooling-off period, the Financial Service Compensation Scheme, your feedback and eligible courses.
Terms and conditions apply to travel insurance.
To find out more please pop into a branch.
This could suit you if:
- You need an overdraft
- You'd like a student account with no monthly fee
- You're a full-time student
See our alternative accounts if:
- You're not a full-time student
- You want an account that pays interest
- You'd like even more benefits
Before you apply, make sure:
- You’re in full-time higher education in the UK
- You’re studying for a degree/degree-equivalent or post-graduate course (check eligible courses )
- You pay your main source of funding into your Student Additions account
- Your main current account is with Barclays
- You're a permanent UK resident
Consumer Moneyfacts Awards 2013 – current accounts
We’re pleased to announce that we won Student Account Provider of the Year.
We were also nominated for 6 other awards, including:
- Online Banking Provider of the Year
- Current Account Provider of the Year
Read more about the Moneyfacts Awards and nominations
Looking for alternative accounts?
Graduate Additions – Graduates get bespoke accounts with extra benefits.
1. Terms and conditions apply, visit facebook.com/barclaysuk and click on the ‘Student Comp’ tab for more details. Prize draw closes at 11:59pm on 18 October 2003.