Barclays social media terms and conditions
We created some terms and conditions about participating in our online communities to make sure we provide a safe, respectful and enjoyable environment for our members.
Please read the following carefully. It has information about sharing and contributing content, and about how we’ll respond to anything that’s abusive, unsuitable or derogatory.
Important points to be aware of:
- The terms, conditions and policies that belong to specific social networks, for example LinkedIn , also apply to any official Barclays profiles that they house. It’s important that you follow these terms and conditions, as well as ours
- While Barclays has official profiles on a number of social networks, this does not mean that we are endorsing their products or services
- From time to time we may share items or talk about products or services we think are interesting. This doesn’t mean we’re agreeing or supporting a point of view or endorsing a product or service. And we cannot guarantee the accuracy of content not posted by us
- If you can’t access the social network at all, it’s up to the individual social network to fix this and it isn’t something that we can resolve
- If you’re not able to use or access official Barclays social media profiles, or websites linked through them, we’ll do our best to fix any problems but are not legally responsible for any problems this causes
- We really want to create open, respectful communication within our social media profiles. While we work hard to moderate anything that is offensive, unsuitable or derogatory, we are not legally responsible for content posted by third parties
- We love the fact that our online communities proactively share information. However, we can’t guarantee the accuracy of content that isn’t posted by us
- We’re happy for you to share and comment on content that we post to our official social media profiles, provided that you do not alter it and that you cite us as the source. Please be aware that the design of these profiles and content that we post on them is the copyright of Barclays Bank PLC and our rights are reserved. All trade marks, company names, logos and designs used on our official social media profiles are the intellectual property of Barclays
- While we want to be as helpful as we can, we do not provide investment, legal, tax or other specialist advice through our social media profiles. If you’re looking to make an investment decision, staff at our branches can provide professional advice. Find the contact details for your local branch
- Unless clearly stated otherwise, official Barclays social media profiles are aimed at people in the UK and designed for use in the UK. If you have queries and aren’t based in the UK, please contact us
- We think it’s essential to keep your personal and financial information secure. While we want to provide you with help on our social media profiles, we ask that you do not post personal and financial information unless we specifically request you to do so in a private message – and even then we’ll only ever ask you for contact details and NEVER for your account information
- We may monitor and record comments and conversations to help improve products and services
Practical ways to help us build quality, respectful online communities
We want to make sure our online communities are open, respectful and valuable spaces where everyone’s voice can be heard. To help us do this, we ask that when participating on official Barclays social media profiles, you agree not to:
- copy, download, transfer, modify, or otherwise use or commercially exploit the content or any part, of this website, without our prior permission
- use these online spaces for illegal purposes or to breach any laws
- upload or transmit through these profiles any computer viruses or material that is defamatory, offensive or obscene
- harass, cause distress or inconvenience to, or infringe the rights of, another person
- try to access administrator areas, features or functions of these profiles without authorisation
- use our official profiles or content on them in any way not permitted by these terms
We want to cultivate public dialogue with our community members and encourage you to share your content with us. However, if individuals break these rules, we will, if appropriate, suspend, terminate or change the conditions of their access.
There are also some occasions where we might change or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, all or part of our social media profiles. Please bear with us if we do this – we’re constantly working to improve our online communities and make them as beneficial as possible.
Making a complaint
If you make a complaint, the most important thing is helping you get back on track quickly and easily. We’re sorry if you've felt you need to complain but letting us know when you’re not happy gives us the opportunity to put matters right for you and improve our services.
No matter how you communicate with us, we’ll listen and act on your needs.