DEC Haiti Earthquake Appeal
A massive operation is underway in earthquake-ravaged Haiti where tens of thousands of people have lost their lives.
Aid and rescue workers are now battling to bring food, water, medicine and equipment to survivors of the disaster.
The scale of the devastation means that as well as money for the immediate rescue effort, cash is also needed for the longer-term rebuilding of Haiti and ongoing care of its people.
The Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) urgently needs cash to fund various aid agencies involved in vital operations in Haiti.
Appeal funds are distributed to DEC member agencies that are best placed to use them.
The charity ensures that the money donated is used efficiently and cost-effectively.
You can give as little or as much as you can afford and making a donation from your Barclays account is quick and easy to do.
How to donate
- Log in to Online Banking.
- From your At a Glance homepage, choose ‘Pay a Bill or Someone’ or if you are a Business customer, ‘Pay Bills and Invoices’ from your My Portfolio homepage.
- Choose ‘Pay a bill/someone for the first time’.
- Enter ‘DEC’ in the search box for an organisation.
- Select ‘DEC Haiti appeal’ from the list.
- Enter the payment reference as ‘Dec Haiti appeal’
- Enter the amount you would like to donate and when.
- Confirm the details you have entered to complete the payment.
Find out other ways to donate by visiting the Disasters Emergency Committee website.