Digital Banking Newsletter: July 2014
Manage more of your products and services on the go
You told us you wanted to do more with your account in Online Banking – so we've made some changes, giving you greater flexibility:
- You can now report your debit card lost or stolen through Online Banking. And you can change your address, without needing to call us or go into a branch. Select 'Account services' when you're logged in and go to 'Manage your accounts' to see the full list of things you can do
- If you have home insurance with us, you can view, renew, download or amend your policy, and even make a claim – all within Online Banking. Select your policy from the 'Products' tab, when you're logged in
- Plus, if you have a mortgage with us, you can now view your outstanding balance, interest rate, recent transactions and remaining term, or even make overpayments – whenever and wherever you like. Just select your mortgage account under 'My accounts' on your Online Banking homepage.
Mobile payments just got easier
Barclays Pingit now supports Paym – a new initiative that allows you and other Paym users of any participating bank or building society to send and receive secure payments using just a mobile number. Handy if you want to send money quickly and easily to family and friends.
Paym works in much the same way as our payment app, Barclays Pingit, by substituting your account details with your mobile number – keeping your bank details safe. And the good news is, you can easily join the Paym service through Barclays Pingit.
- Just update to the latest version of the app if you're already using it, or download it if you're not yet
- Then log in and register for Paym when prompted – it's quick and simple, and if you change your mind, you can always change your settings from the app's side menu
Don't forget, our award-winning app, Barclays Pingit 1, has lots of extra features to make sending money really simple. You can make payments by scanning QR codes, quickly and easily work out how to split a restaurant bill with our calculator, and even donate to charities.
Find your dream home with the Barclays Homeowner app
We've updated the Barclays Homeowner app so that it now includes lots of new features to help make finding your perfect home even easier.
Use this free app to search for houses using the UK's largest property database, store images and notes from viewings you go to and quickly calculate the cost of moving, including monthly borrowing repayments.
On top of that, you can now:
- Search rental properties, as well as those for sale
- View previous sale prices of properties
- Share your favourite properties by email
You can also locate your nearest Barclays mortgage specialist, or an independent specialist, and call estate agents directly from the app.
If you're looking to move, download Barclays Homeowner app and you'll have all the tools you need to find your dream home in the palm of your hand.
Join the newsletter mailing list
You can get this newsletter sent straight to your inbox. It's easy to set up.
Just log in to Online Banking and go to 'Change contact details' within 'Account Services' on the blue navigation bar. Uncheck the 'Email' box under 'Your marketing preferences'.
Check out SmartSpend in Online Banking
NEW: Check out SmartSpend in Online Banking
Barclays SmartSpend is a new addition to Online Banking that could help your money go further. Earn cashback and save money through our exclusive partner sites – and best of all, you can track your savings each time you log in.
- Get 5% cashback on your travel bookings with Expedia
- Switch energy supplier to save on your household bills
- Coming soon: Money off your online shopping with ClicThat
Plus, find out how your spending habits compare with people like you through the SmartSpend Comparison Tool.
You’ll find Barclays SmartSpend on your Online Banking homepage. Log in now to browse the offers and start saving.