How to read Text Alerts
Text Alerts appear as regular text messages on your phone. Their precise appearance will depend on the type of phone you use.
Each alert consists of:
- The type of alert, in this case 'Large Credit Alert'
- The date the balance or transactions refer to
- The short name (for example 'nam01') you specified for your account
- Details of transactions and/or balance
- Number of alerts if there are more than one
- Link to the Barclays Mobile homepage
How an alert looks will vary depending on your phone but it should be something like this :
Debit payments from your account will be shown with a minus (-), while credits paid in will show a plus (+). All transactions on the same day will be separated by an asterisk.
Time is shown in the 24-hour format and months will be abbreviated.
If you have a large number of alerts
You may generate a large number of alerts on a single day.
- If your Alerts span more than 1 message, each one will end on a full transaction and be numbered. The last message will contain at least one full transaction or balance and ‘END’. The first message will end with Page 1 of x. The subsequent messages will start with Page n of x
- To avoid sending you an unlimited number of texts, if your alerts would span more than 5 messages, message 4 will end on a full transaction. Any additional transactions will not be shown and message 5 will contain the text: “Page 5 of 5
You have received “x” Alerts. If this is unusual activity please contact Barclays via your usual channel immediately. END”
Abbreviations in Text Alerts
|ARF||Avoid Reserve Fee|
|ATM||Withdrawal from a cash machine|
|BCC||Connect card payment|
|BGC||Bank Giro Credit|
|PRF||Paid referral fee (business accounts only)|
If you have specified multiple Text Alerts, you may receive more than one on a single day.
If your alerts span more than 1 message, each will end on a full transaction and be numbered, showing how many Text Alerts you will receive, and which that one is.
The last message will show at least one full transaction or balance and 'END'.
You will receive no more than 5 Text Alerts in a single day. If activities in your account would fill more than 5 texts, additional transactions will not be shown, and the final alert will contain the message: ’If this is unusual activity, please contact Barclays via your usual channel immediately. END'.