Joining Barclays Online
A quick look at our site and you’ll see we’ve got a range of current accounts you can apply for online. We know it’s not always easy choosing the right one so we’ve got plenty of help to get you on your way.
Applying online for one of our current accounts should take around 10–15 minutes to complete and can save you time in a branch. Once your application is submitted, we'll normally be able to confirm if it's successful within 5 working days and then continue to get you everything you need to manage your account.
- We’ll ask some basic questions about your financial history and personal circumstances.
- We’ll use credit agencies and the electoral roll to check your identity. If you’ve recently moved, are new to the UK or have no credit history, it may be easier to prove your identity in branch.
- The form should take no more than 10 minutes to complete.
After you apply – what happens next:
- Once you’ve submitted your application, we’ll write to let you know if your application has been successful within 5 working days.
- We’ll aim to get you everything you need within 7 to 10 working days.
- If you get stuck, give us a call on 0345 600 4545 1 or come into a branch.
- You can customise how you want to run your account – the option to use Online and/or Telephone Banking, for example.
- You may need to register for some of the benefits included as part of your account, but your welcome pack will include all the information you need to do this.
Let’s keep in touch – we like to have regular reviews with all our customers to make sure things are running smoothly, so pop in and see us or give us a call.