Digital Banking Newsletter: February 2014
New features in Online Banking
We’ve added lots of new features to Online Banking – giving you more power to manage your account without having to visit a branch or call us. You can find newly added features in the ‘Account services’ section on the top blue navigation bar once you’re logged in, under ‘Manage your accounts’.
You can now:
- Order a new chequebook or paying-in book
- Order an interest certificate or a tax certificate
- View information on a closed account
- View your debit card PIN
We’ll be adding more features over the next few months, so keep an eye out for new ways to manage your account online.
You said, we did: Barclays Mobile Banking updates
You’ve been telling us what you wanted to see in Barclays Mobile Banking and we’ve been listening.
We’ve added new features and updated current ones to make our app the best way to manage your money on the move.
Here's what's new:
- Barclays Mobile Banking is now available for Windows Phone 8 – as well as iPhone, iPad, Android and BlackBerry
- You can now report your debit card lost or stolen through the app, without needing to call up or go in branch
- Barclays Cloud It has been added so you can store and access important documents safely and securely, just as you can within Online Banking
Don’t forget you can also get Mobile PINsentry through the app, so you don’t need to carry your card reader with you when you’re out and about.
If you haven’t already downloaded Barclays Mobile Banking, why not join the millions of other Barclays customers who have? We can even send a link directly to your smartphone, making it really easy to get started 1.
Security update: Barclays is the safest way to bank online
Barclays Online Banking has topped a list of the most secure internet banking facilities – beating all other banks and building societies. The recent report by Forrester also showed that our Online Banking provides the most features – so you can do more with your account online with us than you can with any other bank 2.
We’re always focused on your security but here are some ways for you to make sure your details remain safe:
- From time to time fraudsters send out emails that claim to be from us – known as ‘phishing’ emails. Beware of any emails that ask you for personal details or prompt you to open an attachment you’re not expecting. And of course, only ever log in to Online Banking through Barclays.co.uk, Barclays.mobi or the Barclays Mobile Banking app. More on protecting yourself from financial scams .
- We’re supporting a government campaign to make the nation savvier when it comes to online security. Visit the Cyber Streetwise site for essential tips on how to keep your details safe. Explore Cyber Street – where you’ll find lots of relevant advice, video clips and downloadable material on everything from creating strong passwords to shopping safely online.
Join the newsletter mailing list
You can get this newsletter sent straight to your inbox. It's easy to set up.
Just log in to Online Banking and go to 'Change contact details' within 'Account Services' on the blue navigation bar. Uncheck the 'Email' box under 'Your marketing preferences'.
Exclusive sports offers
Buy tickets for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in London before they go on general sale
The Barclays ATP World Tour Finals is the biggest indoor tennis tournament in the world. In November, the top 8 ranked men's singles and doubles players will meet at the O2 Arena in London to battle for the finals titles of the season – and you have exclusive access to tickets before anyone else.
As a Barclays customer, you have until 23:59 on 11 March to book your tickets before they go on general sale. You just need to enter the first 6 digits of your Barclays debit card when prompted for the code 3.
Win a trip of a lifetime to the 2014 FIFA World Cup™ final in Rio, courtesy of Visa
We’ve teamed up with Visa to offer you the chance to win a pair of tickets to the 2014 FIFA World Cup TM final – including return flights from London to Rio de Janeiro, luxury cruise ship accommodation, spending money and much more.
For your chance to win, all you need to do is register and every time you use your Barclays Visa debit card for purchases, you’ll be entered into the prize draw. But be quick – the closing date is 10 March 3.