Same Day Domestic Payments
- Make your payments quickly and simply online
- Save the payee to make it even quicker next time
- This service carries a fee of £25
What are Same Day Domestic Payments?
Same Day Domestic Payments are payments to UK accounts that are guaranteed to reach the beneficiary on the same day, provided you meet the cut-off time of 2:30pm. There may be delays if we need to speak to you about your payment.
There is a fee of £25 for this service but if your payment for a UK account is not urgent and is under £10,000*, you can use the Make a payment function in Online Banking instead.
You'll need to be registered for Online Banking with PINsentry.
* The online payments daily transaction limits are:
How do I make a payment online?
Log in to Online Banking using PINsentry. (If you’re not yet registered for PINsentry you can do so by selecting Upgrade to PINsentry from the Account services menu in Online Banking)
Select Same Day Domestic Payments from the Account services menu and follow the instructions. The process is very similar to making any other payment or transfer in Online Banking.
You may need to provide some or all of the following:
- Sort code
- Bank account number
- Full name
- Bank address
- Your phone number (in case we need to contact you about the payment)
If you are making a payment to someone for the first time, you will be given the option of saving their details securely in case you need to copy them again.
How do I get Online Banking?
- Register by clicking on the button below and completing the online registration process – you’ll need to have your Barclays debit card to hand
- Once you’ve completed your registration, in a few days you’ll get your passcode or PINsentry device in the post which will allow you to access Online Banking
- If you're already registered and just need a passcode reminder, go to the Personal Banking Homepage , click on Online Banking 'Log in' at the top and select 'Forgotten your log-in details?'. You'll need to have your debit card to hand to complete the short form. You'll then receive a passcode reminder in the post