Barclays buildings insurance
What you get
- Get 12 months' cover for the price of 10 1
- Receive an additional discount when you buy online 1
- Refund of any switching fees charged by your current provider – all part of our Switching Promise 4
- Up to £500,000 buildings insurance
- Cover for your legal liability as the building’s owner up to £2 million
- Optional protected no-claims discount
Find out more about what's covered and what's not covered
Get a buildings insurance quote
To get a quote you'll need to provide us with:
- The age of the property
- The rebuild cost of your property (as opposed to the market value)
- Your past 5 years' claims history
1. The offer is available to you if you’re a new Barclays home insurance customer purchasing in branch, via telephone or online, excluding any price-comparison site, and you get your quote between 30 June 2014 and 28 June 2015 and complete the purchase within 90 days of the quote date. A discount equivalent to 2 months’ premiums (16.67%) will be deducted from your base premium and the 12 monthly payments recalculated if you pay monthly. Take out the policy online and you’ll receive a further discount of between 21% and 41%, depending on your personal circumstances, subject to minimum premiums. Home emergency and legal expenses cover are excluded from the online discount offer. The premium quoted will be inclusive of the ‘12 months for the price of 10 offer’ with discounts applied consecutively from your base price and are subject to minimum premiums. The offer isn’t available for policies purchased from an aggregator or other price-comparison website. Prices through these channels may be lower. If you cancel your policy, you’ll be entitled to a pro-rata refund of the premium paid, minus the cancellation fee. Your full cancellation rights are available in the policy document. This offer may be withdrawn or amended at any time. If it is withdrawn, any outstanding quotes will remain valid for the original 90 day period.
2. The insurer of Barclays Home Insurance is Gresham Insurance Company Limited, authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered office: 8 Surrey Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 3NG. Registered in England, registered no. 110410. Barclays Insurance Services Company Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register No. 312078). Registered in England, Registered no 973765. Registered office 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.
3. For claims covering both buildings and contents sections of your policy, only 1 excess will be payable. If excess amounts are different, the higher of the 2 will apply.
4. Switching Fee Promise terms and conditions: worried about paying a cancellation fee if you want to switch your insurance to Barclays? Don’t be. We promise to reimburse you for any cancellation fee that your existing insurer may charge for switching to Barclays.
To qualify for this you must:
- Purchase a Barclays Home Insurance policy (either single or combined cover)
- Cancel your previous home insurance policy and pay the insurer's cancellation fee
- Send a copy of your previous insurer’s cancellation confirmation together with confirmation of the cancellation fee you have paid to Barclays Customer Service Centre, PO Box 7463, Perth, PH2 0YX
- This fee is the fee you are charged by your previous insurer for cancelling your insurance and does not include any broker fees or premium you are due to pay
Upon receipt of cancellation confirmation and the receipt of first payment (whether annual or monthly Direct Debit), Barclays Insurance Services will dispatch a cheque for the value of the cancellation fee.
This offer may be withdrawn or amended at any time.
5. Lines are open from 8am to 10pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm Saturdays, 10am to 4pm Sundays and Bank Holidays. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor and record phone calls. Calls are free from UK landlines but may be charged by other providers.
6. To view PDF files, you will need a PDF file viewer installed on your computer.
7. The insurer of Home Emergency is Inter Partner Assistance SA (IPA) which is fully owned by the AXA Assistance Group. Inter Partner Assistance is a Belgian firm authorised by the National Bank of Belgium and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority. Details about the extent of its regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority are available from us on request. Inter Partner Assistance SA's firm reference number is 202664. You can check this by visiting the Financial Services Register website or by contacting the Financial Conduct Authority on 0800 111 6768.