A house is more than bricks and mortar – it's your home. We want you to be able to choose the level of cover that suits you best. Once you've entered your details, we'll offer you 3 levels of cover (Less, Standard or More) with prices to match. You can take one of these off-the-shelf options or you can tweak it further to add on the extras you need for your home. We'll then offer you a new quote. You decide.
|Buildings insurance 2 – What you get as standard|
|Buildings cover||Up to £500,000|
|Cost of alternative accommodation||Up to £100,000|
|Legal liability cover||Up to £2,000,000|
|Tracing and accessing leaks||Up to £5,000|
|Optional buildings features for an additional fee|
|Accidental damage to services, fixed glass and bathroom fittings and the option to cover all other accidental damage to property.|
|Home emergency cover 7 – £1,000 for call out, parts and labour in the event of a domestic emergency.|
|Legal expenses cover – £50,000 to pay for a qualified person to act on your behalf in a legal dispute.|
|Proteted no-claims discount – safeguard your accumulated no claims discount if you have been insured and claim free for 5 years.|
|Matching items – cover for undamaged items that form part of a set, suite or pair, should one item get damaged and cannot be repaired or replaced with a match.|
|We also offer|
|24/7 claims line|
|Paper free claims notification|
|Dedicated claims handler with direct telephone number for you to speak to them throughout your claim|
Get combined buildings and contents insurance
Buy buildings and contents insurance together and get a 10% combined discount1. Find out more about buildings and contents insurance
Switching home insurance promise
Also – as part of our Switching Promise – we’ll pay any fees your existing insurer charges you to switch your home insurance to Barclays 4.
For help or to apply by phone, call 0800 068 8097 5.
Find out more about what's covered and what's not covered
It's your home. Why shouldn't it be your home insurance? We’ll present you with three popular packages to start off with. Then, if you choose, you can add, remove or change the excess levels of the features shown below.
These are our three standard packages, which you can customise, this may affect your premium.
|Protected no-claims discount||Yes||No||No|
Use our simple Get a quote form to build your policy with only the cover you need and the optional extras you want.
Home insurance key exclusions
These are some of the things that aren’t covered:
- Excess. You will have to pay the 1st part of most claims – this is known as an excess. Your schedule details the excesses that apply to your policy
- Claims beyond your limits. Limits apply for certain covers – they are shown on your schedule and in your policy booklet
- Certain loss or damage (for example theft or malicious damage) caused by you or members of your household
- Damage caused by chewing, scratching, tearing or fouling by domestic animals
- Replacement of any undamaged items forming part of a pair, set or suite where replacements can’t be matched – however wider cover is available to replace certain undamaged items under the matching items cover options for both buildings and contents insurance (including personal belongings). See policy for full details
Find out more with our guide to Barclays Home Insurance 2.62 MB Remember it's important to know exactly what's covered and what's not.
Home insurance eligibility
As long as you are 18 or over and the following statements are true, you can complete a Barclays buildings insurance quote online.
The property to be insured:
- Is your main residence
- Isn't a listed building
- Has no more than five bedrooms
- Is in good repair with no past subsidence or underpinning and is of standard construction (ie brick, stone or concrete and roofed with tile or slate) if this is not the case we may still be able to offer you cover if you call 0800 068 8097 5
- Has no special exposure to flood or storm damage
- Isn't used for business, except for home/office work that involves no employees or visitors
- Is not left unoccupied for more than 40 consecutive days a year
Neither you nor anyone you usually live with:
- Has more than £80,000 of contents or £10,000 of valuables
Even if you can't confirm all of these statements we may still be able to give you a quote for buildings insurance. Call us on 0800 068 8097 5.
If you're a tenant or your property is a maisonette, we can't offer you buildings insurance but you can get cover for your personal possessions with our Contents insurance
Find out more about what's covered and what's not covered
This could suit you if:
- You want buildings insurance only
- You want an additional discount when you buy online 1
Try our other options if:
- You want contents insurance too
- Your re-build value is more than £500,000
- You live in a flat or maisonette
- You're a tenant
Get a buildings insurance quote
To get a quote you'll need to provide us with:
- The age of the property
- The rebuild cost of your property (as opposed to the market value)
- Your past 5 years' claims history
1. The offer is open to new Barclays Home Insurance customers purchasing in branch, via telephone or online excluding any price comparison site who obtain a quote between 30th June 2014 and 11th January 2015 and complete the purchase within 90 days of the quote date. A discount equivalent to two months premiums (16.67%) will be deducted from the customers’ base premium and the 12 monthly payments recalculated for monthly payers. Take out the policy online and customers receive a further average 25% discount. The online discount varies between 15% and 36%, depending on personal circumstances and is subject to minimum premiums. Home Emergency and Legal Expenses cover are excluded from the online discount offer. The premium quoted will be inclusive of the ‘12 months for the price of 10 offer’ with discounts applied consecutively from the customers’ base price and are subject to minimum premiums. The offer isn’t available for policies purchased from an aggregator or other price-comparison website. Prices through these channels may be lower. If you cancel your policy, you’ll be entitled to a pro-rata refund of the premium paid, minus the cancellation fee. Your full cancellation rights are available in the policy document. This offer may be withdrawn or amended at any time. If it is withdrawn, any outstanding quotes will remain valid for the original 90 day period.
2. The insurer of Barclays Home Insurance is Gresham Insurance Company Limited, authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered office: 8 Surrey Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 3NG. Registered in England, registered no. 110410. Barclays Insurance Services Company Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register No. 312078). Registered in England, Registered no 973765. Registered office 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.
3. For claims covering both buildings and contents sections of your policy, only 1 excess will be payable. If excess amounts are different, the higher of the 2 will apply.
4. Switching Fee Promise terms and conditions: worried about paying a cancellation fee if you want to switch your insurance to Barclays? Don’t be. We promise to reimburse you for any cancellation fee that your existing insurer may charge for switching to Barclays.
To qualify for this you must:
- Purchase a Barclays Home Insurance policy (either single or combined cover)
- Cancel your previous home insurance policy and pay the insurer's cancellation fee
- Send a copy of your previous insurer’s cancellation confirmation together with confirmation of the cancellation fee you have paid to Barclays Customer Service Centre, PO Box 7463, Perth, PH2 0YX
- This fee is the fee you are charged by your previous insurer for cancelling your insurance and does not include any broker fees or premium you are due to pay
Upon receipt of cancellation confirmation and the receipt of first payment (whether annual or monthly Direct Debit), Barclays Insurance Services will dispatch a cheque for the value of the cancellation fee.
This offer may be withdrawn or amended at any time.
5. Lines are open from 8am to 10pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm Saturdays, 10am to 4pm Sundays and Bank Holidays. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor and record phone calls. Calls are free from UK landlines but may be charged by other providers.
6. To view PDF files, you will need a PDF file viewer installed on your computer.
7. The insurer of Home Emergency is Inter Partner Assistance SA (IPA) which is fully owned by the AXA Assistance Group. Inter Partner Assistance is a Belgian firm authorised by the National Bank of Belgium and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority. Details about the extent of its regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority are available from us on request. Inter Partner Assistance SA's firm reference number is 202664. You can check this by visiting the Financial Services Register website or by contacting the Financial Conduct Authority on 0800 111 6768.