Barclays Income Insurance is no longer available to new customers.
If you're an existing customer, you’ll continue to receive cover and can read the details of it in our Guide to Income Insurance 650 KB 3
We recommend you regularly review your cover and the monthly benefit to make sure they still meet your needs and that you're still eligible to claim.
Barclays Income Insurance 1 is designed to provide you with a level of monthly benefit to supplement your income if an accident, sickness or involuntary unemployment, depending on the cover selected, stops you from working.
- The monthly benefit available is up to 50% of your pre-tax monthly income, up to a maximum of £2,000. Benefit duration is available for up to 12 or 24 months
If you already have Barclays Income Insurance and you want to change your cover or monthly benefit, please write to us at Barclays Insurance (Dublin) Limited, Policy Administration Department, PO Box 12146, Dublin 2, Ireland. You may want to change your cover or monthly benefit because of a change in your circumstances, eg a change in employment or your gross earned income.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to add a level of cover to your existing insurance policy. For example, if you have accident and sickness cover only, you cannot add involuntary unemployment cover. However, you can remove a level of cover. If you require accident and sickness or involuntary unemployment cover to supplement your existing cover, visit the www.unbiased.co.uk 4 website for independent financial advice.
- Unless you or we cancel the policy, cover will last as long as you continue to pay premiums until you retire (you must notify us of your retirement so we can cancel your policy)
- You must be aged between 18 and 69 inclusive at the time of the event you wish to claim about to be able to do so
- If you need to claim, please read the relevant section for the cover under which you are claiming and ensure none of the exclusions apply to you. If you meet all the conditions, please call 0500 500 700 2. You'll need to provide the relevant information (in English) to support your claim. You must continue to pay premiums while you are claiming benefit
- If you don't want to continue with the insurance, please confirm by calling us on 0500 500 700 2 or by writing to: Barclays Insurance (Dublin) Limited, Policy Administration Department, PO Box 12146, Dublin 2, Ireland
There are instances where your Income Insurance cover does not pay out. For example, accident & sickness cover doesn’t apply if your accident and sickness is caused by a pre-existing medical condition or the injuries were self-inflicted. Unemployment cover doesn’t apply if your unemployment occurs, or you are notified of unemployment, within 60 days of the policy start date.
The benefits of Barclays Income Insurance
Barclays Income Insurance is suitable for anyone who is working and wants to protect their income (or part of their income) as a temporary solution over a short period to cover various costs or outgoings like rent, a mortgage or other debts. Often people don’t want to rely on their savings, a redundancy package, their partner, or State benefits to cover any costs they may have during a period of sickness or unemployment.
3. To view PDFs, you will need a PDF file viewer installed on your computer.