Student Possessions Insurance
Living on a tight budget is hard enough without stressing about your stuff. Our Student Possessions Insurance 1 will take away some of your worry.
Get contents cover for possessions worth £2,000 to £8,000:
- Protect your stuff from loss or damage resulting from events like fire, flood, storm, theft and malicious damage – both in your term-time home and in transit to and from uni
- Includes cover for library books
- Cover for accidental damage to static TVs, PCs, games consoles and sound systems – up to £250 per item
- Cover for accidental damage to glass and mirrors – up to £250
The most we'll pay for a single item: £500; and our standard excess: £50.
You'll also be covered for:
- Your liability as a tenant up to £1,000 – you won't have to worry about damage to household goods, furnishings, furniture and the like
- Your liability as an occupier up to £2 million – you won't have to worry about having to pay for damages and claimants' costs if someone else gets hurt or their property is lost or damaged in your home
- Personal cash up to £100 and fraudulent use of your credit/debit cards up to £500
- Personal injury up to £1,500 and permanent disability up to £50,000
- Accidental death of fee-paying parent or guardian up to £5,000
Tailor your policy:
- You can tailor your policy for your needs with our optional extras
- Mobile phone insurance is available as an optional extra, but you'll need to call us on the number below to include it in your quote
Plus you get:
- 24-hour helpline and fast claims service
- Minimum 12-month guarantee on repairs and replacements arranged by us
Find out what's covered and what's not
You can tailor your policy for your needs. Get extra cover for an additional fee for:
- Portable computer equipment, such as laptops, keyboards, modems, printers
- Wider cover for your personal belongings
- Mobile phones (telephone quotes only)
- Legal expenses unrelated to your standard cover – such as disputes with your landlord regarding your tenancy agreement or with your employer about your contract of employment
As long as you're 16 or over and the following statements are true, you can complete a Barclays Student Possessions Insurance quote online.
- You're a full-time student attending a university or college in the UK (or part-time if you're receiving a Disabled Student Allowance)
- The value of the contents you'd like to insure is £8,000 or less
- You haven't suffered a loss or incident in the last two years, whether you were insured or not (excluding a single claim under £250)
- You've never had any insurance cancelled, refused or declared void, or had any special terms or conditions imposed by another insurer
- You've never been convicted (or charged with and not yet tried) of any non-motoring offence
Even if you can't confirm all these statements, we may still be able to give you a quote for Student Possessions Insurance. Just call us on 0800 068 8097 3.
Get a Student Possessions Insurance quote
If you want to ensure all your stuff’s covered, get a quote online. We’ll need your term-time address, including the post code.
You can also call us on 0800 068 8097 3