Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance
We offer 3 levels of cover 2 so you get the right insurance for you. It’s simple to choose and takes just a few minutes to apply – giving you more time to plan your trip.
Even better, our multi-trip insurance is our most comprehensive policy, giving you extended medical expenses cover and Independent Traveller cover for unexpected events such as airline failure and other travel disruption.
If you're a Barclays Online Banking customer, you’ll also have access to Barclays Cloud It – secure online document storage that allows you to manage important information, upload and sort documents, and set up alerts for key deadlines such as the renewal of your insurance policy.
|Check out the level of cover to suit you|
|Cover||Travel Essentials 5||Travel||Travel Plus|
|Medical Emergency and Repatriation Expenses||£1 million||£5 million||£10 million|
|Cancellation / Cutting Short Your Trip||£500||£2,500||£5,000|
|Travel Delay||£120 1||£200 1||£250 1|
|Delayed Baggage||£100 1||£100 1||£200 1|
|Personal Liability||£1 million||£2 million||£2 million|
|Legal Expenses||£10,000 1||£15,000 1||£25,000 1|
Find out more about what's covered and what's not covered:
You can tailor your annual travel insurance to your needs for an additional fee 5
- Baggage – covering you for loss, theft or accidental damage, up to £1,500 per person
- Personal money up to £500
- Winter sports – you can choose coverage for your ski/snowboarding equipment, piste closure, ski pack and more
- Golfing cover – covering your golf equipment, replacement hire costs and other expenses
- Wedding cover – additional cover for expenses if you're getting married overseas
- Business travel – covering you if you are travelling on business (clerical and admin only)
Medical expenses: Up to £10 million of cover for emergency medical expenses and repatriation costs. Cover is also provided for emergency dental costs as well as hospital and meal benefits.
Independent Traveller Cover: Our new feature aims to expect the unexpected and get you back home safely in the case of events such as volcanic ash clouds, snowstorms, avian flu, tsunamis and airline strikes. This could be particularly useful if you’ve booked your own travel and accommodation.
Cancellation: Up to £5,000 of cover for irrecoverable travel and accommodation costs if your trip’s cancelled due to a variety of events including the insolvency of a scheduled airline and natural disasters. The cover includes pre-paid charges such as airport parking, car-hire and excursions.
Travel delay / missed departure: This will provide a payment for every 12 hours that you’re delayed. Causes can include public transport failing to get customers to their departure point or abandonment of a trip following a 24-hour delay.
Up to 60 days' cover: Annual multi-trip cover may be more suitable for you if you take 2 or more trips per year. The maximum length of each trip on your annual policy is 31 days, although there is an option to increase this limit to 45 days or 60 days per trip. This extended trip duration can be selected during the application process. The maximum age limit is 74. Please note for Travel Essentials cover, the maximum trip duration is 21 days for annual multi-trip cover.
If you have selected Winter Sports cover a maximum of 24 days cover per year is provided for Winter Sports for those who choose an Annual Multi Trip policy. For Travel Essentials cover, Winter Sports cover is not available.
Please call us if your needs are not covered by the above.
Remember, terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Ensure you know what's covered and what's not.
If the following statements are true you can complete a Barclays Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance 2 quote online.
You and any others on the policy:
- All travellers must be permanently resident in the United Kingdom. Residents of the Isle of Man or Channel Islands will not be covered
- The policy does not cover claims arising from a pre-existing medical condition unless it has been declared, cover confirmed in writing, and any additional premium paid
- An adult will be defined as a customer aged 16 or over
- The upper age limit for this policy is 74. Customers over 74 should call 0800 107 7168 to discuss cover options
- A couple policy will be defined as two adults
- A family policy will be defined as one or two adults accompanied by up to 6 of their children – aged under 16 or under 23 (if in full time education). Children are only covered when travelling with an adult insured under the same policy
- For annual policies, the age of the customer will be defined by the age of the customer on the date of purchase
If you are unsure or don't meet one or more of the above conditions, please call us on 0800 107 7168 4.
This could suit you if:
- You go away twice a year or more
- You don't want to take out a new policy every time you travel
Try our other options if:
Get an annual travel insurance quote
To get a quote you'll need:
- Details of when you want your policy to start and where you're likely to travel, eg Europe only
- Your card for payment, or your bank account details
You can also call us on 0800 107 7168 4