Single Trip Travel Insurance
We offer three levels of cover so you can select a policy that's right for you. It’s simple to choose and takes just a few minutes to apply – giving you more time to plan your trip.
Our Single Trip Insurance offers a comprehensive range of standard and optional features. 'Travel' and 'Travel Plus' include Independent Traveller cover for unexpected events that impact on travel and accommodation that you've booked independently.
|Check out the level of cover to suit you|
|Cover||Travel Essentials||Travel||Travel Plus|
|Medical Emergency and Repatriation Expenses||£1 million 1||£5 million 1||£10 million 1|
|Cancellation / Cutting Short Your Trip||£500 1||£2,500 1||£5,000 1|
|Personal Baggage||£500 1||£1,250 1||£1,500 1|
|Personal Money||£250 1||£400 1||£500 1|
|Personal Liability||£1 million 1||£2 million 1||£2 million 1|
|Legal Expenses||£10,000 1||£15,000 1||£25,000 1|
Find out more about what's covered and what's not covered:
You can tailor Single Trip Travel Insurance to your needs to alter the premium you pay 4:
- Baggage – covering you for loss, theft or accidental damage, up to £1,500 per person
- Personal money up to £500
- Winter sports – cover for your ski/snowboarding equipment, piste closure, ski pass and more
- Golfing cover – covering your golf equipment, replacement hire costs and other expenses
- Wedding cover – additional cover for expenses if you're getting married overseas
Medical expenses: Up to £10 million of cover for emergency medical expenses and repatriation costs. Cover is also provided for emergency dental costs as well as hospital and meal benefits.
Independent Traveller cover: Our new feature aims to expect the unexpected and get you back home safely in the case of events such as volcanic ash clouds, snowstorms, avian flu, tsunamis and airline strikes. This could be particularly useful if you’ve booked your own travel and accommodation.
Cancellation: Up to £5,000 of cover for irrecoverable travel and accommodation costs if your trip’s cancelled due to a variety of events including the insolvency of a scheduled airline and natural disasters. The cover includes pre-paid charges such as airport parking, car-hire and excursions.
Travel delay / missed departure: This will provide a payment for every 12 hours that you’re delayed. Causes can include public transport failing to get customers to their departure point or abandonment of a trip following a 24-hour delay.
Remember, terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Ensure you know what's covered and what's not.
If the following statements are true you can complete a Barclays Single-trip Travel Insurance 5 quote online.
You and any others on the policy:
- All travellers must be permanently resident in the United Kingdom. Residents of the Isle of Man or Channel Islands will not be covered.
- The policy does not cover claims arising from a pre-existing medical condition unless it has been declared, cover confirmed in writing, and any additional premium paid.
- An adult will be defined as a customer aged 16 or over.
- The upper age limit for this policy is 79. Customers over 79 should call 0800 107 7168 to discuss cover options.
- A couple policy will be defined as two adults.
- A family policy will be defined as one or two adults accompanied by up to six of their children – aged under 16 or under 23 (if in full time education). Children are only covered when travelling with an adult insured under the same policy.
- For single trip policies, the age of the customer will be defined by the age of the customer on the start date of the period covered (this will affect customers whose birthday falls between the purchase date and the start date of their trip).
If you are unsure or don't meet one or more of the above conditions, please call us on 0800 107 7168 3 to speak to our specialist customer services team.
This could suit you if:
- You want cover for a single trip of up to 60 days
- You'd like to tailor your travel insurance to meet your needs
Try our other options if:
Get a single trip travel insurance quote
To get a quote, you'll need:
- The details of your trip, including the destination and dates
- Your card for payment or your bank account details to apply
You can also call us on 0800 107 7168 3