1. For claims covering both buildings and contents sections of your policy, only one excess will be payable. If excess amounts are different, the higher of the two will apply.
2. If you're a new home insurance customer, you'll receive a 15% introductory discount. In addition, if you have 5 years no-claims, you'll receive and average of 35% no-claims discount (min 20% max 40%)*. Take out the policy online and you'll receive a further 25% discount. The online discount varies between 15% and 36%, depending on your personal circumstances, and is subject to minimum premiums. Home Emergency and Legal Expenses cover are excluded from the online discount offer. Discounts are applied consecutively from your base price and are only open to new customers.To qualify, you need to take a quote online between 19 December 2013 and 29 June 2014 and complete your purchase within 90 days of the quote date. The offer isn’t available for policies purchased from an aggregator or other price-comparison website. Prices on aggregator sites may be lower. If you cancel your policy, you’ll be entitled to a pro-rata refund of the premium paid, minus the cancellation fee. Home Emergency and Legal Expenses cover are exempt from the refund. Your full cancellation rights are available in the policy document. This offer may be withdrawn or amended at any time. If it is withdrawn, any outstanding quotes will stay valid for the original 90-day period.
*60% of customers taking a policy between 1 July 2013 and 30 November 2013 qualified for 5 years no claims with an average 35% discount.
3. The insurer of Barclays Home Insurance is Gresham Insurance Company Limited, authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered Office: 8 Surrey Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 3NG Registered in England, registered no. 110410. Barclays Insurance Services Company Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register No. 312078). Registered in England, registered no. 973765. Registered office 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.
4. Barclays Travel Insurance is administered by FirstAssist Insurance Services which is a trading style of Cigna Insurance Services (Europe) Limited. Cigna Insurance Services (Europe) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. This policy is underwritten by Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) PLC, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
5. Travel Plus policies only.
6. Life Insurance is arranged by Barclays Insurance Services Company Limited, and underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited. Aviva Insurance Limited. Registered in Scotland, registered no. 2116. Registered Office: Pitheavlis, Perth PH2 0NH. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
7. Cover is provided by Legal & General Assurance Society Limited, who are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Our mortgage advisers are unable to give you advice on trusts or offer whole of market advice. Trust planning can improve the tax efficiency of your policies and ensure that in the event of the worst happening the money always goes to the intended beneficiaries. If you require independent financial advice you can find an IFA by visiting
8. The Insurer is Aviva Insurance Limited, registered in Scotland No. SC 2116. Registered Office Pitheavlis, Perth, Scotland PH2 0NH.