Barclays/RAC Offer Terms and Conditions
The RAC Vehicle Breakdown or RAC Voucher Offer (The Offer) is only available if you have been approved for a Barclayloan, Barclayloan Plus or Premier Barclayloan (The Loan) between 1 March and 30 April 2012, and subsequently opened the loan within 30 days of approval.
Under The Offer, Barclays in conjunction with RAC will provide free either one year RAC Vehicle Breakdown Cover or an RAC Voucher Offer up to the value of £75 to be spent online in the RAC Shop www.racshop.co.uk/barclays
You must apply in writing to claim The Offer using the claim form we will post to you. This will be sent to you within seven working days after your loan has been opened.
To qualify for The Offer:
- The loan purpose stated by you to us must be for purchasing a car (even if the loan is for multiple-purposes).
- The car must be purchased after the loan has been opened.
- Some or all of the loan monies must be used for purchasing either a new or used car.
- Photocopies of either a dealership invoice/receipt or Section 10 of the DVLA V5C document must be provided as evidence of using The Loan for a car purchase. The invoice/receipt needs to be on a dealership letter head confirming your name, address and vehicle details. For car sales between private owners only a copy of a completed Section 10 – New Vehicle Keepers Supplement of the V5C will be accepted.
- It is your responsibility to obtain Section 10 – New Keepers Supplement of the V5C from the seller at time of purchase as per the standard DVLA process within the time periods stipulated under this promotion. The vehicle registered for breakdown MUST be for the vehicle you have purchased as detailed on the V5C.
- You must provide Barclays with photocopy proof of car purchase (not originals). This will be used by us only for the purpose of verifying your entitlement to The Offer. Any documentation you send us will not be returned and instead will be securely destroyed by us.
- Details from the claim form will be used by RAC to fulfil the Breakdown policy.
- The Offer is subject to a successful claim submission with Barclays receiving relevant proof of car purchase and completed claim form within 45 days of Barclays posting the claim form to you. Customers with unsuccessful claims will be notified by post.
- Barclays/RAC reserves the right to cancel The Offer if you exercise your legal right to withdraw from your loan as detailed in your loan agreement.
- Only one successful claim per loan may be made under The Offer.
- This is a promotion commitment only and will not form part of the Loan agreement with Barclays.
- We reserve the right to modify or withdraw the Offer at any time without prior notice, but this will not affect loan applications made up to that time.
- Offer selected via the claim form is final. You are unable to switch offers.
- Offer is not available to staff of the Barclays Group.
Summary of RAC Vehicle Breakdown Offer
- Offer: Single RAC Vehicle Breakdown Membership comprising of Roadside, Recovery, At Home and Onward Travel. Single RAC Vehicle Breakdown Membership will only cover the one ‘vehicle’ purchased using the loan registered for this offer and this can be driven by any driver. Vehicle size and weight restrictions apply.
- The offer covers:
- Roadside/Recovery Roadside assistance to repair your vehicle. If repair to your vehicle is not possible Recovery for up to eight people and your vehicle to any single destination within the territory.
- At Home Breakdown assistance at your home or within a quarter of a mile of your home.
- Onward Travel Replacement car for up to three consecutive days whilst your vehicle is being fixed.
- Full terms and conditions are available at www.rac.co.uk/breakdown-cover and in your RAC welcome pack, which you will receive when you select RAC Vehicle Breakdown Cover as your preferred offer. If you have any further queries please call RAC on 0161 210 2895.
- Term of Cover: One year from commencement as advised by RAC. RAC will contact you regarding renewal towards the end of the cover period.
- Offer cannot be transferred to an alternative person. The name on the RAC Vehicle Breakdown policy must be the name of the loan holder.
- Other important terms: Cover only applies to vehicle breakdowns, not where the vehicle is already in the course of repair or involved in an accident. Cover does not include necessary parts, driver induced faults such as fuel contamination or any other costs not specifically included in the service offered. Recovery of caravans and trailers is only covered where the towing vehicle has broken down. A Fair Call Entitlement applies which allows only 5 call outs in any one year period of cover.
- RAC Vehicle Breakdown Cover starts as soon as you receive your welcome pack with full Terms and Conditions from RAC.
- On receipt of your successful claim submission RAC will provide your welcome pack within 10 to 14 days.
- Should you change your vehicle during the one year free Vehicle Membership Cover please register new vehicle information with RAC. Contact details will be listed in your welcome pack.
RAC VOUCHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Customers who do not wish to take out free RAC Vehicle Breakdown Cover can alternatively claim an RAC Voucher Offer worth up to £75.
- The Voucher is for use on a single occasion, through the online RAC shop only www.racshop.co.uk/barclays
- On receipt of your successful claim submission RAC will provide a confirmation letter within 5 days, with details of the promotion code and how to redeem your Voucher.
- The Voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other Voucher offer.
- Postage & Packaging is charged and the RAC Voucher Offer can be utilised towards this as well as goods. Please note that if using the voucher only, without any additional spend then the total value of the order cannot exceed £75.
- Extra items can be bought on the online RAC shop as part of the same order but any additional spend above £75 must be paid for using a debit/credit card.
- When less than the value of the £75 Voucher is spent, no credit for the remaining value of the Voucher will be provided.
- No cash alternative is offered.
- Your order will be processed by the RAC shop operated by Internova UK LTD.
- Allow up to 28 days for orders to be processed and delivered by the online RAC shop.
- Orders are bound by the standard RAC shop Terms and Conditions.
- RAC shop may send you selected offers and promotions should you click ‘Yes’ when given the choice to receive further marketing.
- Unused Voucher codes will expire at midnight on 30 September 2012
If you have any further queries regarding the offer please call RAC on 0161 210 2895.