Unsure what to search for? Other customers found these helpful.

Student Additions account terms and conditions

Cooling-off period
If you are not happy with your account, you have a 14-day period in which to contact us to cancel your account or switch to another account. This period begins on the date your account is opened or the date you receive your terms and conditions and other account information, whichever is the later. If you contact us within this period to cancel or switch your account, we will refund any account fees you may have paid. However, if you cancel or switch your account at a later date, you will not be refunded the account fees that you have paid. If you wish to cancel or switch your account, you should tell us by writing to Barclays, Leicester LE87 2BB.

Your feedback
We want to hear from you if you feel unhappy with the service you've received from us. Letting us know your concerns gives us the opportunity to put matters right for you and improve our service to all our customers. You can complain in person at your branch, in writing, by email or by telephone. A leaflet detailing how we deal with complaints is available on request in any of our branches, from the Barclays Information Line on 0800 400 100 11  or at www.barclays.co.uk. Alternatively you can write to Barclays, Leicester LE87 2BB.
If we do not resolve your complaint internally to your satisfaction, you may be able to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR (telephone: 08000 234 567). The Financial Ombudsman Service is an organisation set up by law to give consumers a free and independent service for resolving disputes with financial firms. Details of those who are eligible complainants can be obtained from the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Important information about the Financial Services Compensation Scheme

Your eligible deposits with Barclays Bank PLC are protected up to a total of £85,000 by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, the UK's deposit guarantee scheme. Any deposits you hold above the limit are unlikely to be covered.

Please click here for further information www.fscs.org.uk .

Eligible courses


Abbreviation Full  Title
BA Bachelor of Arts
BSc Bachelor of Science
BEd Bachelor of Education
BEng Bachelor of Engineering
LLB Bachelor of Law
HND Higher National Diploma
BTEC Higher Award BTEC Higher Award
BA/BSc Nursing or Midwifery
DipHE1 Diploma of Higher Education e.g. Nursing1
NVQ Level 4 & 5 ONLY National Vocational Qualification
DipSA Diploma in Social Work
FD/FDG2 Foundation Degree2



Abbreviation Full Title
MA Master of Arts
MBA Master of Business Administration
MSc Master of Science
MEng Master of Engineering
Mphil Master of Philosophy
PHD Doctorate
LPC Legal Practice Course
CPE Common Professional Examination
PGCE Post Graduate Certificate in Education
BVC Bar Vocational Course
RIBA Royal Institute of British Architecture
PG Dip Post Graduate Diploma

Not Eligible for Student Additions

Abbreviation Full Title
A-Levels Advanced Levels
City & Guilds City & Guilds
ONC Ordinary National Certificate
HNC Higher National Certificate
GNVQ General National Vocational Qualification
NVQ Level 1, 2 & 3 National Vocational Qualification
BTEC British Training and Enterprise Council
Art Foundation Course Art Foundation Course

 The above lists are not exhaustive.

Important Information:
1. Minimum two-year course
2. Foundation Degrees and Courses. There are three classifications of 'Foundation' : (a) Foundation Degree: This is a two-year course and is equivalent to the HND qualification
(b) Degree incorporating a Foundation year: This is the first year of the degree qualification and is not classified as a Foundation Course. This is normally for engineering, science and biological science subjects, but not all universities use this. (c) Foundation Course - leading to a Degree: This is a one-year course that is often for arts related subjects. This must usually be passed before a student can progress with the rest of the course. If you are not sure whether the customer is studying a Foundation Degree or a Foundation Course, just contact the university or college for clarification of whether that part of the course is a degree equivalent qualification.