Barclays Pingit international payments
I want to send a payment to:
You can send money abroad using Barclays Pingit in the same way that you pay someone in the UK.
As the sender
- You must be registered for Barclays Pingit to make international payments
- You will need to have the recipient’s phone number (beginning with )
As the recipient
Limits, fees and processing times
- You can send from £25 to £1,500, and joint account customers can send up to £3,000. See our daily limits.
- Payments sent before 4pm UK time on a UK working day should arrive the next working day. Payments sent after 4pm UK time, or on a non-working day, should arrive after 2 working days 1
- We won't charge you to send money abroad using Barclays Pingit – an exchange rate will be applied when your payment is converted to the local currency
Learn more about the app
- No need to share bank details, all you need is the recipient’s phone number
- Just register with your sort code and account number, verify your details and you’re ready to go
- You’re automatically protected in the event of fraud
- You can use the app whether you bank with us or not
Get Barclays Pingit
To get the app, you’ll need an iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry, Android device or Windows Phone 8 handset.
To download the app you must be 16 or over, have a UK current account and have a UK-registered mobile number.
Barclays Pingit – our award-winning mobile-payments service
Send money instantly to friends and family, or pay businesses with our smartphone app. Receive payments as well – paid straight into your account.
To get the app, you’ll need an iPhone, BlackBerry or Android device or Windows 8 phone.
Download the app
Don't have a smartphone? You can still register to receive payments without the app . You just need a UK mobile phone that can receive texts.
- You must be 16 or over
- You must have a UK current account
- You must have a UK-registered mobile number
Register without the app
You can register for Barclays Pingit without downloading the app if you just want to receive payments but don’t want to pay people.
1. Times are estimates and may differ in some cases