Barclays Pingit competition T&Cs
Terms & conditions
1. Open to residents of the United Kingdom who are aged 16 or over and who have a UK-registered current account and mobile number, except employees of Barclays Bank PLC and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally associated with this promotion.
2. To enter: Use the Barclays Pingit app to make a payment to another UK-registered mobile number during the Promotion Period and complete the entry form to be entered into the prize draw. For more information on using the Barclays Pingit app, visit www.barclays.co.uk/pingit.
3. Promotion Period: Between 2pm Friday 4 May 2012 and 12pm Friday 11 May 2012.
4. Prize: 1 x £10,000 cheque. By entering into this prize draw, the winner consents to their name being displayed during the advertisement break on the final of Britain’s Got Talent on Saturday 12 May 2012.
5. Only 1 entry per person per mobile number throughout the Promotion Period.
6. Winner Selection: 1 winner will be selected in a random draw from all valid entries during the Promotion Period under the supervision of PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service, within 5 hours of the end of the Promotion Period. In order to claim the prize, a winner must:
a. take a telephone call on the telephone number associated with their Barclays Pingit account;
b. confirm their acceptance of the publication of their name during the advertisement break on the final of Britain’s Got Talent on Saturday 12 May 2012;
c. submit to a winner verification process all in the initial telephone call.
7. Winner notification: The winner will be notified by telephone (using the telephone number associated with the winning Barclays Pingit account) within 24 hours of the end of the Promotion Period. Winner will receive 1 telephone call. If winner fails to answer the telephone, then Promoter will contact a reserve winner (selected in the same manner). Any reserve winner contacted shall be notified by telephone in the same manner.
8. Availability of Winner: In order to win the prize, for broadcast reasons, the potential winner must be able to comply with all requirements set out in clause 6 (above).
9. Delivery of prize: Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of cheque to your postal address as confirmed during winner verification.
10. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
11. The use of the Barclays Pingit app will be in accordance with the terms & conditions of the app, available at www.barclays.co.uk/pingit.
12. No correspondence will be entered into.
13. The name and county of the winner will be available by sending a stamped SAE to: BARCLAYS PINGIT WL, PO Box 95, Leigh, Lancashire, WN7 1WS to arrive between 1 June 2012 and 30 June 2012.
14. No bulk, third party or organised group entries or attempts to tamper with the entry process will be accepted. Incomplete, illegible or corrupt entries or those not in accordance with entry instructions will not be accepted.
15. No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, corrupted or delayed in transmission or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, disqualify any entrant and invalidate or recover prizes issued to an entrant following breach of these terms and conditions. The Promoter will deal with such prizes at its discretion, including carrying out an additional draw, utilising them for another competition or donating them to charity.
17. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons (including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion), the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
18. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms & conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
19. The Promoter will only use the personal details supplied for the administration of the prize draw and for no other purpose. Personal data supplied for the purposes of administering this promotion will be destroyed within a month of the end of the Promotion Period.
20. If the winner’s Barclays Pingit account is a business account, the prize will be paid to the account holder who shall be responsible for payment of any tax arising from winning the prize draw. It is the winner’s responsibility to ensure any such tax is paid. The Promoter shall not be liable for either the tax or the obligation to pay such tax (if incurred).
21. The winner will be required to participate in publicity arising from the promotion (see clauses 4 and 6). The Promoter reserves the right to publish the name, photograph, and county of the winners after the date of the prize draw and within a month of the end of the Promotion Period.
22. By taking part in this promotion all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms & conditions.
Promoter: Barclays Banks PLC, Barclays Bank PLC 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP, United Kingdom