Barclays Pingit international payments
Send payments to family and friends in selected countries, securely and free of charge.
I want to send a payment to:
Sending an international payment to Botswana
You can send money using Barclays Pingit the same way as when paying someone in the UK.
- You must be registered for Barclays Pingit to make international payments
- You will need to have the recipient’s phone number (beginning with +267)
- The recipient does not need a smartphone, but will require a phone that can receive text messages
- The recipient will need to be registered for Hello Money in Botswana
- Send up to £1,500
- The minimum payment is £25
- Joint account customers can send up to £3,000
- See our send and receive daily limits
Processing times for payments to Botswana
Payments sent before 4pm UK time on a UK working day should arrive the next working day.
Payments sent after 4pm UK time or on a non working day should arrive after 2 working days.
The stated times are estimates and may differ in some cases.
Fees and charges
We won't charge you for this service. An exchange rate will be applied when funds are converted from sterling to the local currency.