Barclays Pingit international payments
Send payments to family and friends in selected countries, securely and free of charge.
I want to send a payment to:
Sending an international payment to Botswana
You can send money using Barclays Pingit the same way as when paying someone in the UK.
- You must be registered for Barclays Pingit to make international payments
- You will need to have the recipient’s phone number (beginning with +267)
- The recipient does not need a smartphone, but will require a phone that can receive text messages
- The recipient will need to be registered for Hello Money in Botswana
- Send up to £1,500
- The minimum payment is £25
- Joint account customers can send up to £3,000
- See our send and receive daily limits
Processing times for payments to Botswana
Payments sent before 4pm UK time on a UK working day should arrive the next working day.
Payments sent after 4pm UK time or on a non working day should arrive after 2 working days.
Please note, the stated times are estimates and may differ in some cases.
Fees and charges
We won't charge you for this service. An exchange rate will be applied when funds are converted from sterling to the local currency.
Barclays Pingit – our award-winning mobile-payments service
Send money instantly to friends and family, or pay businesses with our smartphone app. Receive payments as well – paid straight into your account.
To get the app, you’ll need an iPhone, BlackBerry or Android device. Just let us know your number and we’ll text you a download link.
Download the app
Don't have a smartphone? You can still register to receive payments without the app . You just need a UK mobile phone that can receive texts.
- You must be 16 or over
- You must have a UK current account
- You must have a UK-registered mobile number