Mobile Banking security and protection
Banking on your mobile is so safe the British Standards Institute (BSI) has awarded Barclays Mobile Banking the international ISO 27001 certification for security and resilience.
We use advanced Mobile Banking security to help protect you and your money when you’re banking on your mobile, including one secure log-in for our apps, PINsentry when banking online on your mobile device, free security software for your mobile and our Mobile Banking Guarantee.
Free antivirus for your phone
If you’re registered for Online Banking, you can get free Kaspersky security software for your mobile. Secure your contacts, photos and files in encrypted folders, find a lost or stolen phone using GPS and protect your phone from malware and network attacks.
What we do to protect you
Some of the ways we help protect you and your account include: data encryption, timed log out, deactivating your log-in details and monitoring for fraud.
Online and Mobile Banking Guarantee
When you use any of Barclays Mobile Banking services, you're automatically protected by our Mobile Banking Guarantee. If you’re an innocent victim of fraud, we'll cover any losses, no matter how much money is taken from your account.
Our top 10 security tips for banking on your mobile
- 1. Make sure you protect your mobile device with up-to-date internet security software.
- 2. Only use official mobile banking apps provided by your bank (eg Barclays Mobile Banking and Barclays Pingit) and only download apps from the official app store.
- 3. Set up a password or PIN to lock your handset – remember not to use passwords or PINs that are easy for someone to guess.
- 4. Don't tell anyone your security details and never store them on your mobile device in a way that might be recognised by someone else.
- 5. Change your password or PIN immediately if you suspect anyone else may have gained access to it.
- 6. Never divulge your PIN, password, PINsentry codes or full security details in response to a call, email or text.
- 7. When out and about, think about whether the Wi-Fi is secure before using mobile banking.
- 8. Always make sure you log out of your accounts when you’ve finished.
- 9. Ensure your bank has your up-to-date mobile number so they can speak to you if they spot unusual or suspicious activity on your account.
- 10. If your phone is lost or stolen, call us straight away so we can disable your mobile banking apps as a precaution. Barclays Mobile Banking users should call 03332 001014 1and Barclays Pingit users should call 03332 001012 1.