Good news: Mobile Banking is getting better
What's the good news?
You said...we did
You’ve asked us to make it easier for you to log in to Mobile Banking. We’ve listened to what you’ve been saying and will bring in some changes to our log-in process soon.
What will this mean to me?
- More log-in options means you can pick the one that suits you best
- If you have a PINsentry, you’ll be able to carry out a wider range of transactions without it
You said you didn’t always want to carry your PINsentry card reader...
- You will be able to set up a memorable word and passcode to gain access without your card reader to many Mobile Banking services.
- You’ll be able to see your balances
- Transfer money between your Barclays accounts
- Make payments to people and companies you have paid before through Mobile Banking.
- Make first-time payments to new payees if they appear on our pre-approved list 1.
When is this happening?
We will keep you updated on this.
What do I have to do?
- Customers who currently use a passcode and memorable word to log in:
There is no change to logging in with your passcode or memorable word, therefore you do not have to take any action. If you would like to order a PINsentry card reader, our screens will help you do this.
- Customers with PINsentry card readers:
If you normally use PINsentry to log in, you can set up a passcode and memorable word to use when you don’t have your PINsentry with you.
As our changes are being phased in, when you notice our new log-in screen, you can set up a passcode and memorable word by following the 4 steps listed below.
Step 1: Please log in to Mobile Banking using your PINsentry and click on to 'Manage login details' Step 2: Select 'Set up now' Step 3: Enter your new details and save Step 4: Next time you wish to log in without using PINsentry, you will be able to use the new details you have saved.
Once you complete the steps above, you will be able to use either PINsentry or your passcode and memorable word to log in to Mobile Banking. And you can save your preferred log-in screen. If you change your mind, you will always be able to select the alternative log-in screen.