Buy to Let mortgages
Realise your rental potential
As a Premier Banking account holder you are in a prime position if you decide to go into the Buy to Let market. We have a choice of tracker and fixed-rate mortgages specifically designed for Buy to Let investors.
Any property used as security, which may include your home, may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
What you get
- You choose how to borrow – by yourself or as a group of up to 4 private individuals
- A practical way to help your children onto the property ladder by buying a rental property with them
- You choose how to let from a range of options depending on your goals – you aren't restricted to an Assured Shorthold Tenancy
- Borrow from £35,000 up to £1 million per property subject to product availability and personal circumstances
- Borrow up to a maximum of £3 million on up to 4 buy-to-let properties
- Choose a term to suit you – from 5 to 25 years
- Repayments – interest-only and/or capital repayment options
- Transfer your Buy to Let mortgage rate to another buy-to-let property subject to terms and conditions
- You only need a minimum income of £20,000 2
You'll need to have sufficient rental income to cover your annual mortgage interest payment calculated at the pay rate of the selected product. Please note that an assessment of the market rent, based on letting to a single household, will be provided as part of our valuation and it is this figure that will be used to actually underwrite your mortgage.
Features of our Buy To Let mortgage products:
- No Higher Lending Charge
- Applications are subject to status and a minimum age of 21 or over for the principal applicant. All other applicants must be 18 or over
- Loan to Value restrictions apply
- A first legal charge over the BTL property is required
- Please note that if you borrow via a Special Purpose Vehicle Limited Company (SPV) or a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) we will require our mortgage also to be registered at Companies House. In addition full Personal Guarantees will be required from all directors/shareholders/members. The SPV Limited Company or LLP must be registered in the UK and its sole purpose must be Buy To Let
- BTL mortgages are available on an interest-only and/or capital repayment basis. For an interest-only mortgage, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds to repay the mortgage at the end of its term. We recommend that you consider having adequate life cover/term assurance in place to cover the full amount of all sums which you may borrow from us
- Our standard Mortgage Conditions contain an All Monies Clause which secures any other debt that may be due to us
- Early repayment charges may apply if the mortgage is repaid in whole or in part or transferred to another product
- As part of the Woolwich Switch & Save® package when available for BTL, you can opt for a product which offers a legal service via a panel of solicitors, who act on our behalf only. This legal service is not available should you choose not to use our appointed panel solicitor or if you wish to borrow via a SPV Limited Company or LLP. A cashback alternative is not available in these circumstances. Please note that you will not pay for or receive a copy of the valuation report. If you wish to receive a valuation report, you will need to pay for a Woolwich valuation under our current published valuation scales. Woolwich Switch & Save® BTL products are generally only available if you have a BTL mortgage with another lender (not Barclays or Woolwich) and wish to move this mortgage to us. Please note that if you remortgage to us from another lender you may have to pay your present lender an early repayment charge. In the case of a remortgage, where it includes for example a change of names on the mortgage or the first registration of unregistered land, please note that you will be liable for any associated fees. If your mortgage does not complete on the originally chosen Woolwich Switch & Save® option after an offer has been issued, a charge of £250 will be made. This is to cover the cost of providing a non-disclosed valuation and fee for legal services through our appointed panel solicitor. The charge will not be payable if you decide not to proceed. The charge can be paid separately or added to the mortgage on completion (subject to criteria). This charge will be in addition to our switching fee which is currently £100
- If you should run into difficulty, please contact us immediately
- To maintain a quality service, we may monitor or record phone calls
- The property must be situated in the United Kingdom, which is England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom
- All rates and charges quoted are correct at time this site was last updated
- The mortgages featured are only available for BTL purposes
- BTL should be viewed as a long term investment; the value of property may go down as well as up
- All products are subject to availability and may be changed or withdrawn at any time without notice
- Early repayment charges may apply
How to complain:
- We are committed to providing a high standard of service to you and all of our customers. However, we have a set procedure that enables us to investigate and sort out complaints quickly and fairly
- If you want to complain about this application or the service you've received, you may do so in person, in writing by post or email or by telephone
- Details of our complaints handling procedures are available on request from any Woolwich branch, our Customer Service team on 0800 33 44 99 3 (Monday to Friday 9am-5pm) or by reading our Complaints Commitment
Tariff of charges
To see our tariff of charges, please read the document 4 below.
Alternatively, you can get our tariff of charges in Braille, large print or audio tape/CD by calling 0800 400 100 3 (via Text Direct if appropriate).
What's on offer
Check out our latest mortgage rates to see what products are currently available. Last updated 5 December 2013:
Ready to apply?
To find out more about our Buy to Let mortgages, call us:
0845 678 9998 1