First-time buyer mortgages
Buying your first home is hugely exciting but can be a little bit daunting. The good news is you're on firm ground with our first-time buyer mortgages.
Our first-time buyer benefits are designed to make budgeting easier for the early years in your new home.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage
- Choose from any mortgage in our range and if you're unsure we're here to help
- There are no hidden charges and our mortgage specialists will explain everything up front
- We’ll work for you. We’ll keep in close contact by text message or email
YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE
A written personalised Key Facts Illustration is available from any Barclays branch, from Barclays Direct Mortgages on 0845 677 0002 3 or from this website.
Features of our flexible mortgage products:
- No Higher Lending Charge
- Applications are subject to status and a minimum age of 18
- Mortgages are subject to valuation (maximum loan-to-value 90% or less than 90% with a Mortgage Current Account with an agreed Reserve Facility
- All flexible mortgages require a Barclays Mortgage Current Account
- A first charge over your property is required
- The mortgage is available on an interest-only and/or repayment basis. For an interest-only mortgage, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds to repay the mortgage at the end of its term
- Woolwich mortgages must normally be repaid by the time you retire or reach the age of 70 years, whichever is sooner, and are not available for business purposes
We are a responsible lender and when considering your application for borrowing, your financial circumstances will be appraised. And remember, if you should run into difficulty, please contact us immediately
- Telephone calls may be recorded or monitored
- The property must be situated in the United Kingdom, which is England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are not part of the United Kingdom
- All rates and charges quoted are correct at time the site was last updated
- The mortgages featured are only available for residential purposes
- Woolwich Switch & Save mortgages are only available to new customers remortgaging to us from another lender, ie not Barclays or The Woolwich
- If you remortgage with us from another lender you may have to pay your present lender an early repayment charge
How to complain:
- We are committed to providing a high standard of service to you and all of our customers. However, we have a set procedure that enables us to investigate and sort out complaints quickly and fairly
- If you want to complain about this application or the service you've received, you may do so in person, in writing by post or email or by telephone
- Details of our complaints handling procedures are available on request from any branch, our Customer Service team on 0800 33 44 99 4 (Monday to Friday 9am-5pm) or by reading our Complaints Commitment.
You can download our tariff of charges for our mortgage range here.
Alternatively, you can get our tariff of charges in Braille, large print or audio tape/CD by calling 0800 400 100 4 (via Text Direct if appropriate).
This might suit you if:
- You want help budgeting for the early years in your new home
- You want an experienced lender to guide you
This might not suit you if:
- You don't have a big enough deposit to buy right now. See our savings accounts for help