euro Account – The ideal euro bank account
- An account that helps reduce the risk of fluctuating exchange rates
- Chequebook and/or Creditbook
- Regular statements to help you keep track of your money
- Free transfers between your euro account and Barclays sterling account
Transfers and payments
To transfer money to and from your euro Account, call us on 08457 165921 1, or +44 191 541 2009 if you’re calling from abroad.
To make a payment from your currency account to another company or individual, please visit your local branch.
Statement frequency, certificate of interest and financial history reports
Statements for your currency account are sent on twice a year from the date you opened your account. Statements are also available on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. Fees apply, as contained within our Foreign Currency Account rates and charges guide.
You can get a statement of interest by calling us. It shows interest details for an account for both a calendar and financial year, which is sometimes required for tax purposes. Financial history reports are also available on request and show more detail than a normal statement. Fees apply for both of these, as you can see in within our Foreign Currency Account rates and charges guide.
Closing your account
To close a euro Account, please call us on the number above.
This could suit you if:
- You make a lot of euro payments
- You receive a lot of euro payments
- You want to reduce exchange rate risk
See our alternative accounts if:
- You need to bank in another currency
- You are looking for a currency deposit account 900 KB