Barclays Bank Account
Banking shaped around you with the Barclays Features Store 1
- A straightforward bank account with a contactless debit card
- Online, in branch and phone banking
- Personalise your account in the Barclays Features Store
- Contactless debit card to make payments easier and faster (subject to status)
- Online Banking , Online Statements and Telephone Banking
- Access your account through the Barclays Mobile Banking
- A network of more than 1,700 branches
- Free Free Text Alerts to help keep you in control of your money
- Draw on cheques paid in before they clear (subject to status and limit)
- Barclays loyalty mortgage – get a better mortgage deal (subject to status and availability) 2
- You can apply for an overdraft at 19.3% pa (variable) 3
Up to £5,000 – 19.3% interest pa (variable)
- Interest-free overdraft
When you add 1 or more of Packs to your Barclays Bank Account, you're eligible to apply for a 0% interest rate on the first £200 of your overdraft facility (maximum limit is £5,000).
Up to £200 – 0% interest pa (variable)
Over £200 and up to £5,000 – 19.3% interest pa (variable)
See Your overdraft
Apply for a Personal Reserve that gives you an agreed amount 3
The Barclays Features Store is an interactive hub that lets you shape your account with Features and Packs to suit your life1.
Features 2 include:
- Personalise your debit card: We've all got a photo that makes us smile. Now you can put it on your debit card 3 for free
- Barclays Mobile Banking app: Manage your Barclays and Barclaycard accounts on the move. Check your balance, transfer money and more
- Barclays Pingit: Send money using just a mobile number.
- Text Alerts: Keep track of your cash with free Text Alerts to your mobile phone. All alerts are free and fully secure.
Packs 2 include:
- Home Pack: £6 per month for cover for your satellite and TV equipment, Extended warranty on domestic applicances, Barclays Concierge Service and more
- Tech Pack: £7.50 per month for Mobile Phone Insurance and Gadget Cover
- Travel Pack: £8.50 per month for RAC Breakdown Cover in the UK, European Family Travel Insurance and Card Secure
- Travel Plus Pack: £13.50 per month for RAC Comprehensive Breakdown Cover in the UK and Europe, Worldwide Family Travel Insurance and Card Secure
Discover all of our Packs and Features in the Features Store
If you are not happy with your account, you have a 14–day period in which to contact us to cancel your account or switch to another account. This period begins on the date your account is opened or the date you receive your terms and conditions and other account information, whichever is the later. If you contact us within this period to cancel or switch your account, we will refund any account fees you may have paid. However, if you cancel or switch your account at a later date, you will not be refunded the account fees that you have paid. If you wish to cancel or switch your account, you should tell us by writing to Barclays, Leicester LE87 2BB.
We want to hear from you if you feel unhappy with the service you've received from us. Letting us know your concerns gives us the opportunity to put matters right for you and improve our service to all our customers. You can complain in person at your branch, in writing, by email or by telephone. A leaflet detailing how we deal with complaints is available on request in any of our branches, from the Barclays Information Line on 0800 400 100 4 or at www.barclays.co.uk. Alternatively you can write to Barclays, Leicester LE87 2BB.
If we do not resolve your complaint internally to your satisfaction, you may be able to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR (telephone: 08000 234 567). The Financial Ombudsman Service is an organisation set up by law to give consumers a free and independent service for resolving disputes with financial firms. Details of those who are eligible complainants can be obtained from the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Important information about compensation arrangements
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). The FSCS can pay compensation to depositors if a bank is unable to meet its financial obligations. Most depositors – including most individuals and small businesses – are covered by the scheme.
In respect of deposits, an eligible depositor is entitled to claim up to £85,000. For joint accounts each account holder is treated as having a claim in respect of their share so, for a joint account held by 2 eligible depositors, the maximum amount that could be claimed would be £85,000 each (making a total of £170,000). The £85,000 limit relates to the combined amount in all the eligible depositor’s accounts with the bank, including their share of any joint account, and not to each separate account.
For further information about the scheme (including the amounts covered and eligibility to claim) please ask at your local branch, refer to the FSCS website www.FSCS.org.uk or call 020 7892 7300 or 0800 678 1100.
Barclays Bank PLC may also accept deposits under the following trading names; Barclays, Barclays Bank, Barclaycard, Barclays Business, Barclays Capital, Barclays Commercial, Barclays Corporate, Barclays Financial Planning, Barclays International Private Banking, Barclays Local Business, Barclays Premier, Barclays Private Bank and Barclays Wealth, Standard Life Cash Savings and Standard Life Cash Savings & Mortgages. Deposits accepted from an eligible depositor under these trading names are combined for the purposes of deposit compensation from the FSCS. The FSCS is not applicable to deposits held at branches in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.