Student Additions Account
- Free Text Alerts to help you manage your money
- Contactless debit card to make payments easier and faster (subject to status), which you can personalise for free with a photo of your choice
- We will deliver replacement debit cards to your home within two working days
- Full protection against online debit card fraud
- Online , Mobile and Telephone Banking
- Send and receive money quickly and easily using your mobile phone with Barclays Pingit. Current account customers can send up to £750 a day to family, friends and small businesses 4
- You can apply for an overdraft of up to £2,000 interest free with an option to apply for overdraft limit up to a total of £3,000
- Up to £3,000 overdraft, with up to £2,000 interest free
Up to £2,000 – 0% interest pa (variable)
Over £2,000 and up to £3,000 – 8.9% interest pa (variable) 1
See Student overdraft
- 10% discount on Student Travel Insurance 2 offer available until 30 June 2013. Cover starts from £11.78 for a week in Europe
Remember to check what's covered and what's not covered by reading your policy documents.
Read the important information on your cooling-off period, the Financial Service Compensation Scheme, your feedback and eligible courses.
Terms and conditions apply to travel insurance.
To find out more please pop into a branch.
This could suit you if:
- You need an overdraft
- You'd like a student account with no monthly fee
- You're a full-time student
See our alternative accounts if:
- You're not a full-time student
- You want an account that pays interest
- You'd like even more benefits
Before you apply, make sure:
- You’re in full-time higher education in the UK
- You’re studying for a degree/degree-equivalent or post-graduate course (check eligible courses )
- You pay your main source of funding into your Student Additions account
- Your main current account is with Barclays
- You're a permanent UK resident
Consumer Moneyfacts Awards 2013 – current accounts
We’re pleased to announce that we won Student Account Provider of the Year.
We were also nominated for 6 other awards, including:
- Online Banking Provider of the Year
- Current Account Provider of the Year
Read more about the Moneyfacts Awards and nominations
Looking for alternative accounts?
Graduate Additions – Even graduates can get student accounts – but with extra benefits.
1. Overdrafts and Personal Reserves are subject to status and application so the amount offered may be different to that shown on the example. All borrowing is repayable on demand. For full details, see our Student overdraft