Student Additions Account
- Free Text Alerts to help you manage your money
- Online , Mobile and Telephone Banking
Check your balance, view your most recent transactions, transfer funds between your accounts and make payments to existing payees with Barclays Mobile Banking app for your iPhone, or iPad, Android or Blackberry
- Contactless debit card to make payments easier and faster (subject to status), which you can personalise for free with a photo of your choice
- We will deliver replacement debit cards to your home within 2 working days
- Full protection against online debit card fraud
- Up to £2,000 fee-free while you’re studying at university depending on circumstances, with £200 fee-free available when you open your account, subject to application and status
- Overdrafts are only available to UK resident students
- Overdrafts above the £2,000 limit and up to a maximum of £3,000 will be charged daily fees on the whole balance of the arranged overdraft
Daily overdraft fees are charged on your overdraft balance. If you go over the fee-free amount, you’ll be charged on the whole balance of your arranged overdraft as follows:
Up to £2,000 – No fee
Over £2,000 – £1 per day
The maximum arranged overdraft is £3,000
Fee-free overdraft up to £2,000 (subject to application, status and residency) while you stay within that limit.
Up to £2,000 fee-free. If you use an overdraft of £2,200, you will be charged £1 a day when you use it.
See Student overdraft
Read the important information on your cooling-off period, the Financial Service Compensation Scheme, your feedback and eligible courses.
To find out more please pop into a branch.
This could suit you if:
- You need an overdraft
- You'd like a student account with no monthly fee
- You're a full-time student
See our alternative accounts if:
- You're not a full-time student
- You want an account that pays interest
- You'd like even more benefits
Before you apply:
- You must be aged 18 or over
- You must be a resident of the UK with a 3-year address history
- You must be studying full time for a minimum of 12 months at a recognised higher-education institution in the UK for a degree or equivalent qualification, or full time for a post-graduate degree
- You must pay your main source of funding into your Student Additions account
- Your main current account must be with us
You must also provide confirmation that you’re a student. This can be:
- A UCAS letter (no more than 12 months old)
- A recognised student ID card (not a student union card)
- A letter from the Student Loans Company (on Student Loans Company letter headed paper)
- A letter from your university, confirming your enrolment
Consumer Moneyfacts Awards 2013 – current accounts
We’re pleased to announce that we won Student Account Provider of the Year.
We were also nominated for 6 other awards, including:
- Online Banking Provider of the Year
- Current Account Provider of the Year
Read more about the Moneyfacts Awards and nominations
Looking for alternative accounts?
Graduate Additions – get added extras for a monthly fee