Barclayloan – Personal loans
- Price-match guarantee 2
- Instant funding 1. Apply online or by mobile 6
For features and terms see below
|Loan amount||Term||Monthly repayment|
|Interest rate pa||Representative APR|
Representative APR applies to loans of £7,500 - £15,000 for terms between 2–5 years. 4
Your rate may differ from the Representative APR. Loans are subject to status. Early settlement fees apply (see below) 4.
Use our calculator 3 to get an idea of what your repayments and interest rates could be. Your actual rates and repayments may differ, and will depend on several factors 4.
Loan amount (£):
Our lowest Barclayloan rate ever
Monthly repayment (£):
Total amount repayable (£):
51% of people who take out a Barclayloan within the amounts and terms shown are expected to get the Representative APR (or a lower APR). Your rate may differ.
What is the Representative Example?
The Representative Example is typical of the loan agreements we expect to enter into at the Representative APR and within the amounts shown.
Total amount payable
Interest rate pa
Representative APR applies to loans of 0 for applications made before 5 July
Defaqto is an independent financial research company focused on supporting better financial decision making
Features of our Barclayloan Personal loan
- You could get an obligation free personal price quote without affecting your credit score. Log in to Online Banking to see whether you have a provisional loan limit, without affecting your credit rating
- If your application is accepted we can often transfer the money to your current account straightaway 1
- Price-match guarantee. Find a like-for-like loan elsewhere with lower monthly repayments – we'll match it and give you £50 2
- One fixed monthly repayment to help you budget
- You have the legal right to repay the loan early at any time
- Rates are the same regardless of what you’re borrowing for
- You can apply online, by mobile, in branch or over the phone, depending on your circumstances and the products you hold 6
All loans are subject to status.
Repaying your loan early
You have the legal right to repay your loan early, in part or full, at any time. As well as any other interest that’s due, we’ll charge you a fee equal to 30 days’ interest. This will be calculated using the amount being repaid for a partial repayment or on the amount you owe us if you repay in full. For more information, call 0800 716 5982 5 or visit a branch.
To find out what your repayment fee is at any time, log in to Online Banking, call us on the same number or visit a branch.
Find out if you're eligible to apply online
You may be eligible to apply for a Barclayloan online if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- Are a UK resident
- Have a Barclays current account
What you can use a Barclayloan for
A Barclayloan can be used for almost any purpose, apart from:
- Anything related to starting or running a business
- Investment purposes, including buying stocks and shares
- Other property finance, including purchases, part payment or deposits on purchases and property development – although home improvements are fine
- The repayment of CCJs or gambling debts
- As a deposit for something being purchased with money from another lender
Not eligible? No problem, you could consider:
Improving your credit score
See our tips on how to increase your chance of being offered credit.
You may be able to take out a loan secured on your home arranged by Freedom Finance.
Browse our range of credit cards to find the one that's right for you.
If what's coming into you account at the monent isn't covering what's going out, an overdraft could help you manage your money until it does.
Top up an existing loan
Top up your current Barclayloan
If you're registered for Barclays Online banking and you already have a loan from us, topping it up could be a good option if you want to borrow some more.
There are 2 ways we can help:
Top-up your existing loan
When you top-up a loan, we don't actually add money to it. Instead, we set up a new loan for the remaining balance and the extra amount you want to borrow. Then we pay off your old loan from the total, including any early repayment charges, and transfer what's left into your account. The new loan may have a different interest rate from your initial loan, and the term might be different, too. This may mean that you would pay more interest than before.
How to apply
You could also use our mobile banking app to see if you can apply for a new loan or top up your current one. If you haven’t registered yet, find out what our mobile banking app could do for you.
Take out an additional loan
Did you get your current loan for a specific reason and want to borrow for something else, or just want to keep your repayments separate? If you have a Barclayloan and are registered for Online Banking, you could apply for a second loan.
Log in to see if you have a provisional loan limit and can apply online. Then follow the application process.
If you're not registered for Online Banking, call us on 0800 716 5982 5.
As with any form of lending, make sure your new repayments will be affordable.
All loans are subject to status at the time you apply. Early repayment fees will apply.