- Send money overseas using Online Banking
- Save the payee to make it even quicker next time
- This service carries a fee
How do I make an International Payment online?
You'll need to be registered for Online Banking and PINsentry. Log in to Online Banking using PINsentry. (If you’re not yet registered for PINsentry you can do so by selecting Upgrade to PINsentry from the Account services menu in Online Banking.)
Select To an international account from the Make a payment section in the Accounts services menu and follow the instructions. The process is very similar to making any other payment or transfer in Online Banking.
IMAGE - Account services make a payment
If you are making a payment to someone for the first time, you will be given the option of saving their details securely in case you need to copy them again.
How much does it cost?
There is a fee of £25 for International Payments (plus any overseas delivery charges where you have agreed to pay them) but if your payment is in euros to an account in any of the 27 EU countries plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway (collectively known as the Single Euro Payment Area or SEPA), you may prefer to make a SEPA credit transfer for £15. SEPA payments may not arrive as quickly. You will also need the SWIFT Bank Identifier Code (BIC) and the International Bank Account Number (IBAN) of the account to which you are sending the money.
The daily transaction limits for online payments are:
- Personal: £10,000
- Premier: £30,000
- Business: £50,000
What will I need?
To send money overseas, you’ll need to give us accurate information about the person or company receiving the money. You may need to provide some or all of the following:
- SWIFT Bank Identifier Code (BIC)
- Bank account number or International Bank Account Number (IBAN)
- Full name
- Bank address
Your phone number (in case we need to contact you about the payment)
How do I get Online Banking?
- Register by clicking on the button below and completing the online registration process – you’ll need to have your Barclays debit card to hand
- Once you’ve completed your registration, in a few days you’ll get your passcode or PINsentry device in the post which will allow you to access Online Banking
- If you're already registered and just need a passcode reminder, go to the Personal Banking Homepage , click on Online Banking 'Log in' at the top and select 'Forgotten your log-in details?'. You'll need to have your debit card to hand to complete the short form. You'll then receive a passcode reminder in the post