Faster application time if you bank with us online
Save time applying for home insurance for your main residence by logging in to Online Banking – we can partially complete forms with details we already have.
Our buildings cover protects your most valuable asset – your home – from damage caused by extreme weather, fire and subsidence. You can also add cover enhancements for extra protection against accidents and claims.
|What you get as standard|
|Unlimited rebuild or repair costs for properties with 5 bedrooms or fewer||Unlimited costs for loss or damage to the structure of your home including its permanent fixtures, outbuildings, boundary walls, drives, paths, gates and pools|
|Matching items cover||Up to £10,000 for undamaged items that form part of a set, suite or pair if one item is damaged and can’t be repaired or replaced with a match|
|Alternative accommodation||Up to £100,000 if you’re unable to live in your home while it’s being fixed after an incident|
|Public liability cover||Up to £2 million to cover the cost of a claim made against you for injury or damage that happens on your property|
|Buildings accidental damage||Cover for those annoying mishaps such as putting your foot through the ceiling, reversing your car into the garage door, smashing a window with an errant stone whilst mowing the lawn or accidental damage to cables and underground pipes|
|Buildings protected no-claim discount||Allows 2 claims in 5 years without losing your no-claim discount and your premium won’t be affected as a direct result of those claims|
What's not covered
Some things won’t be covered, such as:
- Damage caused by wet or dry rot
- Gates, fences or hedges blown down in a storm
- Certain loss or damage that happens when your home is unoccupied for more than the number of days permitted by the policy
- Damage to cables or underground pipes due to a fault or limit of design, manufacture, construction or installation
The policy document 960 KB provides full details of what is and isn’t covered. The list we’ve shown above is only intended as a guide.
This could suit you if:
- You own and live in your property
Try our other options if:
- You want to insure a property you rent out to someone else
- You’re renting
- You want to insure a second home or holiday home
- You live in a flat or a maisonette
What you’ll need to get a quote:
- Details about the structure of your home and the approximate year it was built
- Your past 5 years’ claims history on home insurance
- If you have more than 5 bedrooms, the cost to rebuild your home (this isn’t the same as its market value)
Home insurance loyalty reward
Earn rewards when you take out buildings insurance. Make sure you’ve joined Barclays Blue Rewards first. Terms and conditions apply.
Watch a short video to see our range of independent covers
0800 015 0246
Monday to Friday 8am-10pm
Sunday/bank holidays 10am-4pm
The insurer of Barclays home insurance is Gresham Insurance Company Limited, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered Office: 8 Surrey Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 3NG Registered in England, Registered No. 110410.