Faster application time if you bank with us online
Save time applying for home insurance for your main residence by logging in to Online Banking – we can partially complete forms with details we already have.
The cost of replacing everything in your home could add up to a surprising amount. Which is why our contents cover offers an unlimited sum to cover your possessions against loss, theft or damage while they’re in your home. We also have a range of optional cover enhancements you can buy for extra protection where you need it.
|What you get as standard|
|Unlimited cover* for your possessions while they’re in your home||Unlimited cover against loss, theft or damage – no need to specify the level of cover|
|Valuable items cover||
Protection for your most valuable items, such as jewellery, watches and art – specify single items up to £20,000
No need to specify single items under £2,500
|Matching items cover||Unlimited cover up to the sum insured for undamaged items that form part of a set, suite or pair if one item is damaged and can’t be repaired or replaced with a match|
|Cover against damage caused by removal companies||Protect your things against mishaps while they’re being transported to your new home|
|Replacement locks and keys||We’ll cover the cost of replacement locks if your keys are lost or stolen, keeping your home secure|
|Contents accidental damage||Cover for those little accidents that would otherwise cost a fortune to fix, such as spilling red wine on your carpet, knocking the TV off its stand or dropping your laptop or tablet|
|Contents protected no-claim discount||Allows 2 claims in 5 years without losing your no-claim discount and your premium won’t be affected as a direct result of those claims|
|Contents working from home cover||Protect the non-household things you use for work – office equipment, supplies and furnishings – against loss or damage while they’re in your home|
|Student contents extension||Extends contents cover to include contents that are temporarily removed from your home into student accommodation|
What's not covered
*Limits apply to certain things within your contents cover, such as a maximum limit we’ll pay out for items in your freezer or single item cover. These will be set out in the policy schedule. Some things aren’t covered, including:
- Motorised vehicles, aircraft, caravans, boats or any other kind of water vehicle
- Accidental damage – wider cover is available as an add-on (contents accidental damage) or through gadget, personal items, bike and sports equipment covers
- Accidental damage caused by paying guests or when your home is lent, let or sub-let
- Certain loss or damage that happens when your home is unoccupied for more than the number of days permitted by the policy
The policy document 960 KB provides full details of what is and isn’t covered. The list we've shown above is only intended as a guide.
This could suit you if:
- You want cover for the contents of your home
- You're renting
- You live in a flat or maisonette
Try our other options if:
- You only have a few possessions
- You want cover for your things when they’re not in your home
- You want cover for specific things, like your bike, gadgets or specialised sports equipment
What you’ll need to get a quote:
- Details about the type of property you live in
- Your past 5 years’ claims history on home insurance
Home insurance loyalty reward
Earn rewards when you insure your contents. Make sure you sign up for Barclays Blue Rewards first. Terms and conditions apply.
Watch the video – contents and contents accidental damage explained
0800 015 0246
Monday to Friday 8am-10pm
Sunday/bank holidays 10am-4pm
The insurer of Barclays home insurance is Gresham Insurance Company Limited, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered Office: 8 Surrey Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 3NG Registered in England, Registered No. 110410.