Personal items insurance
Your personal items would be covered under contents insurance, but only while they’re in your home. With personal items cover, you can wear your jewellery, take your guitar out or wear your designer clothes anywhere in the world, and they'll be covered in the event of loss, theft or damage.
You're not just covered, you're Barclaycovered.
What you get as standard
Worldwide cover for your personal items and money
Cover for the things you wear or take with you – such as watches, jewellery, clothes, books, bags, musical instruments and money – wherever you take them, against loss, theft or damage
Choose the level of cover you need, from £250 to £20,000
You only need to specify individual items if they’re worth more than £2,000
The excess on your personal items cover is completely separate to the excess on any other cover you purchase, so you can set it to suit you, from £50 to £200
What's not covered
If there’s a specific cover available for your personal items, such as gadget, bike or sports equipment, it won’t be covered under personal items cover. Other exclusions include:
- Theft from an unattended vehicle, unless the item was hidden from view in a locked, enclosed compartment and the vehicle was broken into with force
- Furniture, furnishings, household goods and equipment or food and drink
The policy document 1.13 MB provides full details of what is and isn’t covered. The list we’ve shown above is only intended as a guide.
This could suit you if:
- You take your possessions, such as jewellery, watches, wallet or purse, outside your home
- You want cover against loss or theft of personal money, including cash, cheques, stamps, gift vouchers, season tickets, travel tickets and more
Try our other options if:
- You want cover for sports equipment when you take it away from your home
- You’re looking to insure gadgets, eg mobile, tablet, digital camera
- You want to insure your bike while you’re using it
What you’ll need to get a quote:
- Details about the property you live in
- An idea of the amount of cover you need for your personal items
- The value of any items worth over £2,000
The insurer of Barclays home insurance is Gresham Insurance Company Limited, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered Office: 8 Surrey Street, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 3NG Registered in England, Registered No. 110410.