Children’s Instant Saver – Issue 1
Set aside savings for your children – as much as you want, whenever you want.
- 1.51% AER/1.50% gross pa 1 variable
- Instant access to your money – through online, mobile and telephone banking or in branch 2
- Open with £1
To apply for this savings account, you must:
- Be 18 years old or over
- Be a UK resident for tax purposes
- Hold the account in your sole name, for one child under 18
Interest will be paid gross monthly on the first working day of the month 3.
The interest rate will never fall below 1.50% gross pa (1.51% AER).
Terms and conditions
Summary box of key features
More ways to save
If the Children's Instant Saver isn't what you're looking for, we have other options for you to consider.
1. ‘Gross’ is the rate payable without tax taken off. AER (Annual Equivalent Rate) illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year.
2. Online, mobile and telephone banking are only available to Barclays current account holders who are registered for these services.
3. Please note: If a parent gifts money to a child that produces more than £100 gross interest in a tax year, the income is normally taxed as belonging to the adult.
4. Tax-free: indicates that interest is exempt from UK income tax provided all ISA conditions are met. The level and basis of tax can change and the value of tax relief depends on your personal circumstances.