Children’s Regular Saver – Issue 1
Set aside money for your child every month for a year with this short-term savings account.
3.50% AER/3.45% gross pa 1 for months with no withdrawals
1.51% AER/1.50% gross pa 1 for months with withdrawals
- Save from £5 to £100 per month by standing order for a 12-month term
- Instant access to your money – through online, mobile or telephone banking or in branch 2
To apply for this savings account, you must:
- Be 18 years old or over
- Be a UK resident for tax purposes
- Hold the account in your sole name, for one child under 16.
Interest will be paid gross monthly on the first working day of each month 3.
Terms and conditions
The Children's Regular Saver – Issue 1 account may be withdrawn at any time. At the end of the 12-month term, the Children’s Regular Saver – Issue 1 account automatically switches to a Children’s Instant Saver account that’s available at the time.
Summary box of key features
More ways to save
If the Children's Regular Saver isn't what you’re looking for, we have other options for you to consider.
1. ‘Gross’ is the rate payable without tax taken off. AER (Annual Equivalent Rate) illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year.
2. Online, mobile and telephone banking are only available to Barclays current account holders who are registered for these services.
3. Please note: If a parent gifts money to a child that produces more than £100 gross interest in a tax year, the income is normally taxed as belonging to the adult.
4. Tax-free: indicates that interest is exempt from UK income tax provided all ISA conditions are met. The level and basis of tax can change and the value of tax relief depends on your personal circumstances.