- Earn 0.25% AER / gross pa 1 variable on balances of £1 to £24,999
- Earn 0.40% AER / gross pa 1 variable on balances of £25,000 to £49,999
- Earn 0.50% AER / gross pa 1 variable on balances of £50,000 to £99,999
- Earn 0.60% AER / gross pa 1 variable on balances of £100,000 and over
- Open an account from £1
- Optional ATM card to withdraw up to £300 per day from Barclays cash machines – subject to available funds
- Interest paid monthly
- Account can be included within an offset mortgage arrangement if you have a Woolwich Offset Mortgage
Key product information for our savings accounts - Everyday Saver
|Account name||Everyday Saver|
|Interest rates (AERs)||Everyday Saver|
|Tax status||Interest will be paid net of basic rate income tax. UK resident non- taxpayers can register with us to receive gross interest.|
|Withdrawal arrangements||Instant access|
|Access||In branch and Barclays cash machines with an optional ATM card. Online and phone access also available to Barclays current account holders.|
Terms and Conditions
These additional terms and conditions relate to the Everyday Saver account and supplement and amend the general conditions of your Customer Agreement with us (Barclays Bank PLC). In the event of any inconsistency between these additional conditions and the general conditions of the Customer Agreement, these terms will apply in relation to the Everyday Saver account.
1.1. To have this account you have to be at least 16 and resident in the UK for tax purposes. You can have more than one Everyday Saver account at any given time in sole or joint names.
1.2. The account is also available to trustees of personal funds, executor(s) of estates and administrator(s) of estates.
2. Everyday Saver Account Terms
Payments into and out of the account
2.1. You must make an initial deposit of £1 when you open the account after which you can make deposits of any amount at any time.
2.2. There is no maximum account balance.
2.3. Withdrawals from the account are allowed at any time with no notice. An ATM card is available on the account upon request.
2.4. Current interest rates and tiers are set out in our interest rate leaflet and on our website.
If you are not happy with your account, you have a 14-day period in which to contact us to cancel your account or switch to another account. This period begins on the date your account is opened or the date you receive your terms and conditions and other account information, whichever is the later. If you contact us within this period to cancel or switch your account, we will refund any account fees you may have paid. However, if you cancel or switch your account at a later date, you will not be refunded the account fees that you have paid. If you wish to cancel or switch your account, you should tell us by writing to Barclays Bank PLC, Leicester Servicing Centre, Leicester LE87 2BB.
We want to hear from you if you feel unhappy with the service you have received from us. Letting us know your concerns gives us the opportunity to put matters right for you and improve our service to all our customers. You can complain in person at your branch, in writing, by email or by telephone. A leaflet detailing how we deal with complaints is available on request in any of our branches, from the Barclays Information Line on 0800 400 100 2 or at www.barclays.co.uk Alternatively you can write to Barclays, Leicester LE87 2BB.
If we do not resolve your complaint internally to your satisfaction, you may be able to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR (Tel: 0800 234 567 2 ). The Financial Ombudsman Service is an organisation set up by law to give consumers a free and independent service for resolving disputes with financial firms. Details of those who are eligible complainants can be obtained from the Financial Ombudsman Service.
This could suit you if:
- You want instant access to your money with no withdrawal restrictions
- You want an account you can manage by phone, in your branch or online 3
See our alternative accounts if:
- You don't need instant access to your money
- You want to earn a fixed rate of interest
- You haven't used your ISA allowance this tax year
How to apply
- You can open an everyday saver in Online Banking
- Register for Online Banking if you're not already a member
- You can open an everyday saver in branch with your and on the phone
If you’re registered for Telephone Banking, call us on 0345 7 445 445 2 to apply.
If you don’t already bank with us, visit a branch to apply for an account.