1-Year Fixed-Rate Bond – Issue 85
If you can set aside your money without access to it, you'll earn a fixed rate of interest on your savings.
- 1.10% AER/gross pa 1 for balances of £500 to £1 million
- 1-year fixed-rate term
- No additional deposits or withdrawals
- Open with £500 to £1 million
To apply for this bond, you must be 18 years old or over and a UK resident for tax purposes.
Interest can be paid monthly or at the end of the term 2. Rate shown is for end-of-term option.
Terms and conditions
Our fixed-rate bonds are strictly limited offers and may be withdrawn at any time. You can open one with £500 to £1 million, but no withdrawals or additional deposits are allowed. You can open additional bonds depending on availability at the time.
Summary box of key features
How to apply
There are different ways to apply, depending on whether you bank with us or not.
More ways to save
If this fixed-rate bond isn't what you’re looking for, we have other options for you to consider.
1. 'Gross' is the rate payable without tax taken off. If you’re eligible to receive savings interest without tax taken off, please provide us with the HMRC form (R85). For more information and the R85 eligibility criteria, visit HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) . AER (Annual Equivalent Rate) illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and compounded once each year.
2. Interest will be paid net of basic rate income tax. UK resident non-taxpayers can register with us to receive gross interest. Tax liability on interest applies to the tax year it is paid, which may be different to the tax year(s) in which interest has accrued.
3. Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-9.30pm and Sunday 8am-9pm. To maintain a quality service, we may monitor and record phone calls. Call charges