Barclays is the exclusive sponsor of Barclays Cycle Hire and Barclays Cycle Superhighways in an agreement that runs until 2018. Both schemes aim to make a positive contribution to society in London and provide the public with a low-cost, sustainable and environmentally friendly way of getting around the capital.
Barclays Bikes app
'An essential accessory for Barclays Cycle Hire.' London Evening Standard
Be part of London’s cycling revolution and make getting around by bike even easier with the ‘Barclays Bikes’ mobile app – available free on iPhone and Android platforms. Network charges may apply.
Barclays Cycle Hire to extend southwest
Construction has begun on the south-western expansion of Barclays Cycle Hire, which will see more than 2,000 further bikes available.
The expansion of the scheme, which will open to the public in December 2013, will bring the highly successful Barclays Cycle Hire scheme to new areas within Wandsworth, Hammersmith & Fulham, Lambeth and Kensington & Chelsea.
Barclays Cycle Hire
- Provides 8,300 cycles at 15,000 docking stations across London
- Hire bikes for short journeys throughout central London – each half-hour journey is free once an access fee has been paid
Barclays Cycle Superhighways
- Clearly marked cycle routes designed to make it quicker, easier and safer to commute by bicycle between outer and inner London
- 4 routes launched so far, with a further 8 routes proposed before 2015
Barclays Bikes Rewards
- Fancy a pit stop? Everyone who uses Barclays Cycle Hire can benefit from fantastic discounts on everything from coffee to clothing and much more. Visit facebook.com/BarclaysBikes for the latest offers, or look out for the Barclays Bikes Rewards sign in participating outlets.